Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fortunately / Unfortunately

To say that our life has been busy the past two weeks would be an understatement! In fact, I have felt like we have been borderline "out of control", and have just been hoping to survive. I'll hit on the "high" points of our adventures, as of late...
  • Fortunately, we decided to start serious sleep training with Reagan, which involved us "cutting her off" from her middle-0f-the-night feedings (they had turned into play-sessions rather than actual bottle time). Unfortunately, this meant that Nick and I had to lay in bed listening to her scream in the middle of the night. But Fortunately, we only had to endure this for two nights before she realized that Mommy and Daddy weren't going to play this game anymore and (Thankfully) we have not had a problem since then and have been enjoying a full-night's sleep!



  • Unfortunately, I was rear-ended in my new car, and had my Mom, my pregnant sister, Reagan and Lance as passengers. My only injury was a sore throat (probably from screaming at the woman who hit us for not paying attention. Boy, was I TO'ed!). Dealing with the insurance claim has been time-consuming and frustrating.



  • Fortunately, (in my opinion)- Nick's XBOX broke- and he had to send it to Microsoft to be repaired. It was gone for two weeks and it allowed Nick to spend a lot more time studying for his upcoming Pharmacy tests! Unfortunately, the fingerprints Nick sent in as part of his application to take the tests were smudged and the National Board of Pharmacy won't accept them. He has to go get them done electronically. At least Nick already has a job. Here's a picture of him with his first paycheck (I made him pose with it, because I was so PROUD!)



  • Unfortunately, I feel like I have been living in my car lately; driving all over the place! Reagan's 9 month doctor appt. Reagan's Easter pictures. + all of the usual errands.



  • Fortunately, my cousin got married over the weekend and while it was busy and a LOT of fun, it didn't leave a lot of time for me to clean the house and do laundry. I got up at 5AM on Saturday morning to do makeup for the mother-of-the-groom, and a bridesmaid- and it was non-stop from there! Wedding Luncheon, Reception, et al- until 10:30PM when we arrived home that night. Reagan looked really cute though:



  • Unfortunately, I was released from my calling as primary pianist on Sunday. Bittersweet. I seriously LOVED playing the piano for the kids at church. But with everything that is going on for us lately- it will be nice to not have to practice the piano. One less thing to do.



  • Fortunately, we will be home owners soon. UNFORTUNATELY, we do not know how soon that will be?! We are supposed to close tomorrow; however, the lender might not have the loan done by then. What a headache (for everyone involved!). I am praying like crazy that everything will fall in to place and that we will not have to extend the closing date. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!


That is all I can think of right now. I'd like to say that things will slow down by next week for us- but that would be a lie. We still need to: move in to the house, get Nick's licensure taken care of, go to Seattle for Nick's graduation, celebrate Nick's upcoming birthday, Reagan's birthday, help my sister out when she has her baby..... The "to do" list is still a mile long. I am hoping for no more unexpected hiccups along the way though. That would be ideal.

7 comments:

Kari said...

And fortunately, your little Reagan is a DOLL!

Isn't motherhood wonderfully frustrating?! :)

Emily said...

Craziness! You've had and will have an action-packed couple of months. Good Luck to you, especially with closing on your NEW HOME!!!!

The Makanui Family said...

The craziness of life is just beginning...be thankful you don't have to go to work too! :)

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Good luck with it all! I'd love to see you when you guys are up, but if not...we(Abby & I) will be in Utah late May.

Tui Family said...

Wow Brooke! Sounds like you really HAVE been busy. But it's good to hear that things seem to be going well. That is so exciting to be getting a home! I'm happy for you. Reagan is so cute! I love her little teeth! Still no sign of teeth for Leini. Email me when you get a minute, maybe after all this craziness is over we will actually get together! =)

Get Hooked said...

Reagan is getting so big! She sure is a cutie. Way to see the positive with the negative! I miss you! We really need to have get together one of these days.

Leona said...

Hello! I just wanted to let you know my blog URL has changed. It is now thepoulsenfam.blogspot.com.
Reagan is so cute. I hope the bracelet is working out for her!

Leona