
Reagan has been spending a lot of time in the pool. Isn't she a total "beach babe"?!
Apparently, congratulations are due to the new Mommy and Daddy quail that built a nest in our yard and are now raising approximately a dozen little baby quail (I thought most baby animals arrived in the spring?). It isn't that bad. I just have to make sure they aren't running behind my car when I am backing it out of my driveway, and I told my little brother to be extra careful when he is mowing the lawn. I'd hate for something bad to happen to the little guys. My friend Haley recently had a couple of wild ducks laying and raising their chicks in her yard. From her description of that experience it sounded like the whole thing was stinky and messy. Quail are not stinky and messy, so it isn't too bad having them take up residence in our yard. I tried to get a picture, but they are the same color dirt and they are really tiny. Good luck trying to spot them.
Reagan has been walking for some time now. As most of you other parents know, this brings some new freedom for me; but I also have to remember that because Reagan can now wander off on her own it means she can get in to more trouble too. I find myself CONSTANTLY saying: "Reagan, where are you?" Answer: either playing in the bathroom (doing something naughty like opening the toilet lid and putting fruit snacks in the bowl, or pulling the TP off of the roll), or opening drawers and pulling out the contents.
Reagan is a daredevil. And at least twice a day I find myself getting an adrenaline rush and having my heart jump all of the way in to my throat as I watch her do something that could potentially harm her and requires Mommy to make it halfway across a room in .5 seconds to stop the actions.

Not to mention that Reagan has also learned to take off her shirt (she has the most success with her long-sleeved pajama shirts) and usually does it in protest of being put down for a nap, or at bedtime. I didn't think 1 year olds had enough dexterity to accomplish such a feat?! But it has happened too many times to count, so I know that it wasn't a fluke thing that only happened because she got lucky maneuvering out of it one time. I thought I'd outsmart her a few nights ago, and I put her in a short sleeved nightgown, thinking there would be no way she could get out of it. I felt triumphant in the morning when I walked in to her bedroom and saw her standing there- fully dressed! Fully-dressed, other than... the diaper she had managed to remove during the night. That's right. I spent the morning stripping the linens and doing laundry to clean up her crib (fortunately, I only had to deal with pee). It's just another way Reagan shows Mommy who the real boss is. I am my kid's Mom.
4 comments:
Today we had Lance undress himself. We told him if Reagan can do it, you can do it. He did a great job. He has had me trained for too long doing everything for him. The pictures turned out way cute!!
Love these pictures so much, the one of Nick tossing Reagan in the air is the best...and at least she kept her clothes on for the photo shoot right? that's something!
Oh my gosh! Reagan's pictures turned out so cute. I showed my mom the pics you sent me and she thinks Reagan is on of the most adorable little girl:)
Wow - she's smart! I can't believe she took off her diaper during the night. That would make me so mad! I laughed through this post mainly because I can totally relate!
Post a Comment