Monday, July 12, 2010

And Then.....

First, there was the mud. Somewhat funny and cleanup was manageable.
Shortly thereafter, there was this:



I was downstairs doing laundry. When I came upstairs I caught a whiff of what distinctly smelled like Peanut Butter. Reagan knows how to twist lids off of things (I learned this after she opened the jar of Vick's Baby Ointment and pulled a similar stunt- only on a smaller scale). In this case, Reagan got the peanut butter off of the shelf in the pantry, unscrewed the lid, and proceeded to "paint" the family room and kitchen with the peanut butter.
The pictures don't really do the situation justice. Reagan looked like a cast member of the "Blue Man Group", only she was coated in PB, rather than blue paint.
The PB was everywhere! On her hands nearly up to her elbows. In her hair. On the tile, on the carpet, on the TV, on the walls.
AHHHH! Does everything in Motherhood have to be an exercise in futility?! You can't get one thing done without having another task to tackle as soon as you are finished with the first.
When I was getting Reagan undressed to put her in the bath I discovered that before she found the PB, she must have gotten hold of a pen.
At least she only colored on her tummy, and not on the walls.
These days I am praying that Reagan doesn't get any desire to do her kind of"artwork" on the little sister that will be joining our family in less than a month.
AND... that I will only have to clean the carpet in this room one more time before the baby comes.

2 comments:

Bellamy Family said...

You only think she didnt color on any walls.. Give it a few weeks and you'll discover hidden artwork :-)

Dawn said...

Oh my! Just wait until there are two to keep track of ;)