Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sad Losses

In our house, this week; we were happy to know that All Dogs Go To Heaven. Because Nick's Parent's Golden Retriever, Molly (AKA- Reagan's pillow, and best friend) died. I'm not a pet lover, but I can say, from the bottom of my heart, that this sweet, gentle dog will be dearly missed.
Reagan has never referred to Nick's parents residence as "Grandma or Grandpa's house", it has always been: "Molly's house". I've tried to explain to Reagan that, "Molly went to heaven", but Reagan's response to me has been. "Molly is with Kevin?" (we've been watching the Pixar movie UP lately, and the bird's name, in the movie is: Kevin.). Anyway, I'm hoping that Reagan will grasp the concept that Molly is in a happy place now, because I know she is.

On Sunday, February 6, 2011 Nick's Maternal Grandpa (Larry Jansen) died. Even though it was expected, it doesn't lessen the blow of losing a loved one. Nick's Grandpa was a really neat guy. Before he and Nick's Grandma moved (recently), they lived less than a mile away from us. He was a prominent architect, and he designed a lot of the homes, churches, schools, business, and civic buildings in our area.
This is a picture of Nick's maternal Grandpa and Grandma, at our wedding luncheon.
I will remember Nick's Grandpa for his sharp sense of humor, and his "sailor mouth". Reagan loved to give "Grandpa Jansen" hi-5's, and Grandpa Jansen seemed really pleased at the fact that Elsa didn't cry when he held her, the last time I took the girls over for a visit.
My deepest condolences to Nick's Mom, and Nick's Grandma. He was a great man, and we will all remember him fondly.

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Sorry about the loss of Nick's grandpa (and the dog).

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of the dog Molly. I have always been a dog lover myself.

I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of Nick's Grandpa. He sounded like a really nice guy. At least you guys will get to see him again someday.

Janetta said...

Loss is a difficult emotion, even if it is expected, isn't it? I will be thinking of you guys.