Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Review Month Three

Should I start off with the good, or the bad; when I report on my New Year's Resolutions? How about the neutral, and I'll work my way to the end of the post, from there...
Working out. I was doing really well at the beginning of the month. And then... I got a sinus infection (the second one I have ever had, in my life!). I thought I just had an awful cold, but after 16 days of not being able to smell anything (which turned out to be bad for everyone, because I could never smell a poopy diaper. I was constantly having to ask people if my kids smelled stinky, because I couldn't tell.), I figured it was a little more than a cold. I went to see my Family Practitioner, and she gave me a wonderful prescription that helped me get well, almost immediately. Thank heavens for RX meds!
During my bacterial sinus infection, I couldn't manage to get up early enough to get on the treadmill. The Nyquil I was taking before bedtime probably had something to do with that. So, good at the start of the March, bad at the end.
Spending Fast. Bad, Bad Bad. I was actually in the "red" this month. A large chunk of my expenditures came in the form of celebrating for our wedding anniversary, and my birthday. We ate out WAAAY too much this month, too (to the tune of over $400). I suppose, the only thing I can say is: on to next month.
Potty Training. This is where I feel enormously successful this month! Reagan has made huge strides in this area. Granted, it is probably because I figured out her "currency", and have used it to bribe her. But whatever works, right?! When the Wallwork's were here to visit, Randy gave Reagan a chocolate egg. She thought it was awesome (there was a prize inside), and delicious. She kept asking for chocolate eggs, thereafter. So, I went to the grocery store and purchased a bunch of the Reese's mini chocolate eggs. The eggs have been her reward for using the potty! These days, she has been happily picking out panties to wear in the morning! She is still in a pull-up, for naps and at night. And I still can't get her to poop on the potty. But I have been able to take her out of the house in undies, and she hasn't had an accident for over a week. We even went to the treehouse museum, and she didn't wet her pants the entire time we were there!
Just call me one excited Mommy.

1 comment:

Get Hooked said...

Congrats! I think even your bad is great! You can't just overlook big events. Those are the reasons we save so we can spend. I have only one suggestion with the poop. I'd offer a bigger chocolate or more eggs for a poop. I remember with my girls they had pee candy and poop candy. Good Luck!