I'll confess to the fact that I had been searching on eBay to find her an angel costume to wear for Halloween in 2013. But as of late, that has to change.
I honestly thought Elsa would skip the terrible-two's. How could my precious pink cherub ever be anything less than perfect?
I guess no child is immune.
Lately: Elsa is bossy. Elsa gets in to EVERYTHING, and makes gigantic messes. And Elsa bites.I asked my pediatrician what I could do about Elsa biting? The majority of the time she bites Cohen. Right now Cohen has a circle shaped bruise on his arm, from where Elsa bit him! Dr. Swensen said that she was probably doing it because she couldn't verbalize her frustrations. I told him that I didn't believe that was the case, because Elsa can speak better than some adults I know. She yells at Cohen a lot. And she frequently tells Nick and I to, "Go to Time-Out!", or that she, "Is Going to Spank Our Bum!". I really need to stop laughing when she says things like that to me.
What I ought to do is bite her back, or hope she grows out of this?
I have been struggling with Elsa for months, trying to potty-train her. Last week, I finally threw my hands up in the air, and admitted defeat. I figured I'd wait until Spring, and try again.
Well, earlier this week I was in the basement vacuuming, and I heard Elsa yelling at me from upstairs. When I came up I found Elsa in the bathroom. She had moved a stool over to the toilet, and put her training seat on the potty. She had pulled down her pants and pull-up, and had pooped in the potty. ALL BY HERSELF! She had been yelling at me to come wipe her bum.
For the past three days Elsa has continued to take herself to the bathroom when she is going to have a BM. If she potty-trains herself, does that re-instate her angel status?
I'm willing to entertain the idea.
Nick and I have been excited at one of Elsa's new developments. The two year old can do a perfect chest pass with a basketball! Nick has been working with Elsa on her basketball skills, and they are coming along nicely! I'm fairly positive that Elsa is going to be tall.
Is it too early to be dreaming of basketball scholarships for her?
No comments:
Post a Comment