Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Rest of November.

November has been filled with sports.  We took the girls to the last BYU home football game of the season.  It was cold and wet.
Reagan refused to wear a hat.
She was more concerned with catching snowflakes on her tongue.
 She was soaked by the end of the game.  We all were, actually.
Our neighbors, the Stevenson's went with us to the game.  So, we were all cold together.  We only lasted until halftime.
Then we packed up, and headed in to SLC to eat.  Nick had been craving R&R BBQ.
If you haven't tried that restaurant, you should.  The best BBQ, west of the Mississippi!

There's been more basketball too.
Elsa acts so excited about it, and she tells people that she plays basketball.  But when game time comes around, she suddenly hates it.
At least, in this picture, she's attempting to do one of the drills.
 But most of the time, she looks like this:
She pouts if she doesn't always get the basketball.
We have some work to do when it comes to teaching that girl about being a good sport, and playing on a team.

Reagan had a Thanksgiving meal at school.  It was the kindergartener's first introduction to cafeteria dining, and school lunch.
I went down to help out, and was curious to observe how Reagan would do?
I had figured that I'd send her with lunch from home every day, when she is in school full-day; this experience cemented that decision.

She ate a few spoonfuls of peas, but wouldn't touch the turkey, mashed potatoes, milk or even (gasp!) donut.
 I'm honestly shocked that she put her pilgrim hat on.  But, I'll take it.
 In other "Reagan News", she has her first appointment with an occupational therapist this Monday, and I have a meeting with the psychologist on Thursday, to get a full report.
I am chomping at the bit to get started on helping her!
Figuring out what's going on with her has been a relief.  But it hasn't stopped any of the problems.  School has been particularly trying.
I have been looking forward to the Thanksgiving break, probably more than Reagan has!  I only had to worry about how she was behaving at school, two days this week; rather than 5!
Bring on the help!  I can't wait for her (and me!) to learn coping skills.

I mentioned that we turned Cohen's crib in to a toddler bed.  He likes it.  Just not sleeping in it, apparently.
Every night we have to move him, back on to the mattress.  And at nap time, he has been sleeping on the floor.  I'm not really sure what the solution is, to get him to fall asleep in his bed?  But it sure is entertaining to go in each night to see where he has fallen asleep:

 Cohen and Elsa love the camera feature on my phone.
The first picture, is one that Elsa took of Cohen.  And the second one is a "Cohen Selfie".  If he weren't smiling in it, I'd swear he was doing a Blair Witch impression.  Gotta love the gross runny nose.

Tomorrow's Thanksgiving.  Yesterday, my Mom and I ran to Whole Paycheck Foods.  And since we still had time, we went to Trader Joe's too.  I should have switched the order in which we went.  I was totally kicking myself for spending so much money at Whole Foods, when I could have purchased everything on my list for half the price at Trader Joe's!  Old habits die hard.  I've always done my Thanksgiving shopping at Whole Foods.  I didn't even think about going to Trader Joe's.
Next year.... It'll be Trader Joe's.  The End.

No comments: