In the winter, the Hogle Zoo offers a free-day once a month.
I took the kids once, a few years ago. It was miserable, and packed with people. But you know me, I never learn. This time, in fact, I decided to share the misery.
I called my sister, parents, and brother; and invited them along!
Parking was non-existent. I ended up finding a space about three-quarters of a mile away, UP the canyon.
It was standing-room-only at the zoo that day. Maneuvering the stroller was difficult.
But the kids were able to see some animals. And the weather was nice.
When Cohen had the phone, he took a lot of pictures of his feet:My Mom was pretty good sport about all of the hiking.
I don't know what I'll do when Cohen isn't content to chill in the stroller anymore?!
We ended up exiting the Zoo at the upper gate, so that we were closer to our car. My brother was merciful, and walked with my girls. I pushed Cohen, in the stroller. About halfway up the hill, the girls took a detour, and decided to play. Brian stayed with them. That left me, to continue pushing the stroller. By the time I made it to my car I was sweaty and gross. I figured that two workouts in one day aren't a bad thing.
We ended up going to City Creek. And we met my Dad for dinner. The kids played some more, on the dinosaur playground.
It was a total "kid" day.
No comments:
Post a Comment