The 31 days of October, we've had this year have been divine! Gorgeous weather.
We took advantage of the perfect temperatures, and colorful leaves over LDS General Conference weekend. We took a long drive through Ogden Canyon, Trappers Loop, and Parley's Canyon; while we listened to the Conference talks. We stopped at Lamb's canyon, and went on a little hike. Reagan and Elsa loved it! Cohen just wanted to be carried the entire time.
I think we are going to make it an annual tradition.
BYU football has been the worst thing about this month. Even though it's been disappointing, we haven't stayed away from the games.
We took Cohen and Elsa to a game. Loud, busy football games are not Reagan's "scene". She's had more fun going to Nick's parent's house, while we go cheer on the Cougars.
I snapped this picture on the way to a football game. It doesn't do the face Cohen was making, justice. Elsa requested music from Frozen. Cohen has had enough of that soundtrack. He rolled his eyes, and shook his head while Elsa belted out, Let It Go!
Here's a post-game picture. Exhausted BYU fans.
My Dad gave us tickets to a fundraiser for "The Road Home" organization. The event was a chili cook-off. That's right up Elsa's alley. She is such a good eater! So, Nick took Elsa and his brother Nate. And they made a night of it. Elsa particularly liked the petting zoo.
It appears that writing utensils are going to become contraband in our house. Again. Reagan was a terror with markers/pens/pencils. But she grew out of it.
Elsa should know better. Right?
Man alive, that girl has been making me crazy. That girl will write her name any time, anywhere. I don't think there is a surface in Nick's entire office that doesn't say the word, "Elsa" on it. I've pretty much given up cleaning it off. And once I have some free time I am just going to repaint the walls, and paint over Elsa's "art". I've wanted to repaint that room anyway.
Elsa doesn't stick entirely to walls. No, indeed.
Here's some more of her handiwork:
Elsa said she was making Cohen a football player.
Later in the month, it just so happened that Reagan and Elsa had field trips scheduled for the same day, and time!
I opted to go with Reagan. Hers was a walking field trip to the fire station.
Elsa's excursion was a visit to Pack's pumpkin patch.
Nick' was a good sport, and he took Cohen to the pumpkin patch, and met Elsa's preschool class there.
Cohen is OBSESSED with pumpkins. I bought him a mini-pumpkin to carry around, so that he'd put the full-size pumpkin down.
After both field trips were done, I took Elsa to the park; and we met up with her preschool/neighborhood friends, and their Mom's. We had lunch. It was delightful.
Like I said, I have thoroughly enjoyed this month. My first choice would always be to live in a state of perpetual summer. But a close runner up, would be to have every month be like this past October!
No comments:
Post a Comment