Ever since we set Cohen "free" from the crib he has seemed to enjoy sleeping anywhere BUT in his bed.
Considering that this was the case, it stood to reason that it didn't really matter which floor his bedroom was on. It was a correct assumption. We moved him to a bedroom downstairs, and Nick still found him sleeping in places other than his bed:
Of course, he hasn't been the only one. Now, that I'm existing in a state of perma-exhaustion... By 7:30PM I don't really care where the kids are laying their head(s); just as long as they are.
I mentioned a few weeks ago, that Reagan had taken over residence in Cohen's upstairs bedroom. Nick and I officially moved furniture, and now all three kids have their own rooms.
I wanted to go shopping for decor.
One afternoon I took Cohen with me, and made an honest attempt. We drove over to Station Park. Cohen wanted me to carry him. I could hardly believe that a laundry hamper cost $50. And I realized that I had left my wallet at home.
It was all too tiring. I made no purchases that day. Or any day thereafter, now that I think about it.
Instead, I went home & decided to use what I already had.
Elsa's room was easy. I did't change too much. I just put down a rug that we already owned.
And I put the quilt Kay made for her, on a quilt display rack.
In Reagan's room, I put the quilt Kay made her, on the wall
Nick set up the daybed I slept on, as a child. I already had the bedding and curtains. And I re-used the vinyl wall decals.
Heather came over one night, and she helped me put this vinyl wall decal up.
To finish things off, I used other furniture we already had. And I fixed a laundry hamper that had a broken hinge.
For Cohen's new room, I went shopping in my own house, and put a dresser in his room that had once belonged to my grandma. I did spend $20 on a headboard for Cohen's room. But beyond that, I kept all of it very thrifty.
The next time I get a surge of energy, I'll tie everything in Cohen's room together; and I'll post pictures.
For now, I'm just proud of the results in the girls' bedroom.
2 comments:
Well done! I still haven't done much of anything in R's room... You're inspiring me to get off my butt and do something!
Looks great!
Post a Comment