Sunday, November 15, 2015

Halloweenie

So, Halloween.  Not my most favorite holiday.  I tolerate it, because the kids like it.

Nick and I have been married for over 10 years, and we have been able to escape ever carving a pumpkin! Until this year...  We broke the streak, and carved pumpkins with the kids.

Cohen was adamant that he wanted to be the Transformer, Bumblebee, for Halloween.  I purchased that costume for him (no homemade costumes at our house this year).  Cohen wore the costume to his preschool Halloween party, and got the tiniest amount of cupcake frosting on the sleeve.
He declared the costume "ruined", and refused to wear it after that.  Even when I cleaned the frosting off!
Fortunately, I had a Frankenstein costume in the closet, that I had purchased on clearance at Gymboree last year, so that is what he wore.
Reagan and Elsa were My Little Ponies.  Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash, respectively.
 
Reagan is becoming increasingly less enamored with having her picture taken.  She does not want me to do it.  She humored me, for all of 30 seconds, so that I could snap a few shots.

When it comes to estimating how many trick-or-treaters we'll have...  I fail.  Every. Single. Year.
This year I purchased 150 pieces of candy.  I chose a bulk bag of Fun-Size: Swedish Fish, Oreo Mini's , and Sour Patch Kids.
I rationed the candy, and only gave out one piece to the kids that came to my door.  I ran out of the entire bag, and started to panic, because kids were still coming!
Fortunately, I had bought several six packs of mini root beer.  I had been going to send the root beer with Cohen to school, for his birthday.  But the canned beverages ended up saving my bacon, and I handed them out to the trick-or-treaters.

Reagan went trick-or-treating to about half-a-dozen houses, and decided she'd had enough.  She came home, and was totally happy to pass out candy with me.
Elsa and Cohen made a night of it, and filled their bags with goodies.

Nick and I weren't able to attend the Halloween party that our neighbors put on (because it was the same night as the Garth Brooks Concert).  But if we had gone, I'm sure our costumes would have won a prize!
Cousin It, and Uncle Fester (complete with a light bulb that glows when I put it in my mouth!).

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love your costume!!!