I get tons of emails from BlogtToPrint. I'm probably one of their only remaining customers. Ha Ha.
It's fine.
I like printing my blog book.
For my blog book: Heres' what happened in November.
At our church, the kids in the congregation performed a program during our main meeting, Sacrament Meeting.
In my opinion, Cohen was the highlight of the program!
He stepped up to the microphone and said (with jubilation!):
"I'm Tall!"
Then, an adult prompted him to say his line. Which he did. It was something about Temples.
The adult then said, in to Cohen's ear: "Good job, Cohen".
To which, Cohen said in to the Mic, "Good job, ME!".
It was great!
Everything was great, in fact. During that week before Thanksgiving.
I got outside, and did four hours of yard work. Cohen and Elsa helped. It was glorious! I put my yard "to bed" for the winter. We raked leaves. Mowed the lawn. Mulched my flower bed. Put all of the yard tools in the third car garage. Hooray!
I was also able to help out in both of the girls' classes.
I went to Elsa's class and was able to lend a hand for their Thanksgiving Feast.
Look at that pretty pilgrim!
I went to Reagan's class and volunteered for a few hours.
I walked in to the classroom and all of the kids were up, out of their seats, playing Dance, Dance Revolution. They were all really "in" to it!
Initially, I probably would have frowned on such an activity. But their teacher seems to really know what he is doing.
Since Reagan started at the Learning Center, she comes home so much happier! It has improved home life.
I feel like she's not trying to "hold it together" at school all day long, only to come home and fall to pieces. And that's certainly saying something.
The week before Thanksgiving, Elsa and I went to see the Nutcracker at Weber State University.
I had started driving a lot more, during the month of November. But only during the day.
Since the Ballet was at night, my friend, Karen offered to let Elsa and I ride with her, and her girls to the performance.
Oh! The music to the Nutracker is wonderful.
And, as you can see, I wore my wig to the ballet.
In that picture it looks pretty natural.
Below, oh boy. You can tell my hair is fake. No doubt.
My cousin Brenna, however, looks stunning!
I was SO happy to be able to attend her wedding. I have some of the best cousins ever!
But back to my hair...
Insult to injury, my long-time hair stylist moved to Germany for three years!
I mean, I guess it's not totally bad news for me, because it'll probably take three years for my hair to get to a point where it needs to be cut. But what am I supposed to do about my kids?
Who will cut their hair?
Like a lot of things, the answer to that will have to wait, until I am healthy.
I took Reagan and her school friend, Lauren, to see The Good Dinosaur. You've gotta love how neither of them will look at the camera, for a picture!
Reagan HATES pictures.
We took the kids to Fotofly to get the Santa pictures done.
Reagan was not having it. Period.
I thought, for sure, that this picture would be the beset one we could get:
Fortunately, Reagan softened a tiny bit, when she was given a candy cane. So, we were able to get one good picture.
But oh boy, I was a nervous wreck, by the time we finished that 10 minute photo shoot!
The following day, we had a photoshoot for family Christmas card pictures.
Korie has been our photographer for so long, that she knows what she needs to do to get good pictures of our kids!
See:
And then, it was time for Thanksgiving!
For the third year, in a row, we ordered a smoked turkey from R&R BBQ. Slam Dunk! Deliciousness!
Nick made his famous mashed potatoes, and some cranberry compote.
I made pies, and pies, and pies.
Thanksgiving morning, it was windy and cold.
I braved the undesirable conditions, and ran the Turkey Leg 5K.
As always, I was glad that my neighbors, the Thomas', included me; and let me hitch a ride with them to and from the race.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. We went to Nick's parents house and ate.
I'm not really sure about when it happened? But Nick agreed to let his parent's golden retriever, Kona, come stay with us, temporarily.
Nick has shown me numerous articles, that outline the (supposed) benefits to having a loving animal in the home, when you have an autistic child.
Having Kona in our home was going to be a trial run. If it went well, I was going to consider getting a dog.
I wasn't in love with the idea of having Kona in our house. But I went along with it.
Who would have thought?! It turned out to be a brilliant plan!
Reagan couldn't have cared less that we had Kona!
Elsa, on the other hand....
Was so happy to have someone to boss around (besides Cohen). And Cohen was thrilled to be off the hook, from Elsa's usual tyranny.
Elsa wanted to be with Kona ever waking, AND SLEEPING, minute.
Everything turned out well. Kona was happy to go back to Nick's parent's house.
And I was happy to realize that getting a dog wouldn't be the magic cure Reagan had needed!
Yes, the month of November was great.
I felt halfway normal.
It was nice while it lasted...






No comments:
Post a Comment