I need opinions, thoughts, regrets... when it comes to getting a haircut. As most girls know, cutting your hair can be a traumatic experience. It has taken me 4 years to get my hair to the length it is (my hair grows so slowly!). I have been really hesitant to part with it (no pun intended)- because it is a decision you can't easily alter once you have gone through with it. But now that my preparation time in the morning has been severely curtailed I have been re-thinking the whole haircut option. It takes a really long time to dry my hair; and it's time I don't have these days with new baby.
Nick won't give me an opinion one way or another (probably to keep himself safe :)
So, I am hoping that all of my girlfriends who have been through similar experiences will be willing to share.
I've attached a picture of the haircut I like most, and would consider getting.
I look forward to seeing what people think.
9 comments:
Brooke,
I've found that my hair takes longer to do when it's layered because you have to blow-dry it all perfectly. Another thought to shorten morning-getting-ready time, depending on how wavy your hair is naturally: try diffusing.
I cut my hair after the kiddies were born because it was so long and always in the way. Plus they would always grab it and pull it. For those reasons short hair is great! But I don't feel like it saves me time in the morning. When I wash it I absolutely have to blow dry and style or it looks hideous. It is too short for ponytails. Unless you get a cut that looks cute when airdried it probably won't be any easier. I also don't wash my hair every day to save time. It saves me about twenty minutes! Gone are the days of being beautiful all of the time. Have you seen that Suave commercial? So true!
My theory... It's only hair! It will grow back. It may take a while, but it's only hair. It doesn't look like that style is really that much shorter. And you can't call it short. I don't wash my hair everyday either. It is super hard at first, but you get use to it.
Long hair you can always pull up/back, which is helpfull when little ones pull it. But if you love the long hair you can make it work.
I wouldn't recommend doing anything drastic until you get use to the baby. It may be stressful/hard to do the hair now, but so is eating dinner, getting a drink of water and many other everyday things. It will get easier as you adjust. So what if you wear your hair in a ponytail or a bun for the next 3 months. My take is... If you want to cut your hair to cut your hair, do it. If your only cutting it right now for the baby, I'd say wait a month or two. And then decide!
I totally agree with Ruthann!
Cut it all off! Off with hair! Mine is short and easy, although my grandpa always asks me which way the wind is blowing. I don't know about the baby part.
I'd keep at least a little length. With short hair you have to do it everyday. Like others have said, I only wash my hair every other day. It saves SO much time! It took a while to get used to doing it that way, but now I love it.
I think you should go GI Jane :) That would be the easiest maintenance.
I'm with Jeff on this one!! :-) Somedays that would just be a whole lot easier! One thing that I hate about having short hair is that I can't just pull it into a pony tail when I want to. I miss those days.
It is always fun to try it! It grows back if you don't like it or you can also wear a hat:) Ha Ha! Not being able to wear a ponytail is the downside when you are already late to be somewhere the baby needs to be changed and you aren't even dressed yet. I don't think that will ever be a problem though you are never late and always have your hair done. (Those are just my issues)
Post a Comment