Monday, September 14, 2009

School's in... Let the fun BEGIN!

Update: Reagan is feeling better. The plumbing problem with the sink is fixed. Nick and I made it through worship service on Sunday. AND the best news: I (and possibly Nick) will be going to the BYU football game Saturday. All is well with the world again.

Reagan and I have been on a "blitz" the past few weeks going to popular UT attractions for kids. We met up with my friend Michele and her boys at the Living Planet Aquarium two weeks ago (on the first day of school for a lot of kids), and it was empty.
That's when Mommy had an epiphany!
All of the "big" kids were in school, and since it was the beginning of the school year there weren't any field trips planned just yet, so.... we could probably go to many of the destinations designed for children and find them fairly unpopulated. It would be so nice for Reagan to be able to enjoy outings without having to worry about being run over by a class of rambunctious 4th graders!
Like I said; we started out at the Aquarium.


Reagan wore her unicorn backpack/leash.


Her arm is sticking out in the picture because I was holding her hand. I couldn't let go of her (even to take a picture), because she would have jumped in the water with the stingray's!

Later in the week Heather and I took the kids to Tracy Aviary and Liberty park. Eating our picnic lunches under the huge trees in Liberty Park was so enjoyable. For a moment it almost felt like we were back in Seattle. Then, the sun came out and reminded me that I do, indeed, reside in UT these days. Sigh.



Reagan was a little unsure about what to do with the approaching peacock.



She didn't care too much about he flamingos.



But she LOVED the water at Liberty Park. It has been so long since I have been to liberty park that I didn't even know this feature existed. Hence, the reason Reagan is not in a swimming suit. Luckily I had a spare "swim diaper" in the car, I kept her t-shirt on and she was good to go.

Heather and I did an impromptu picnic lunch at Layton City Park. We fed the geese. I have never liked geese.



When I was growing up and we would go to the Lagoon amusement park on Church/Stake Lagoon day. I would always see the geese near the water rides. Every year my Mom would say: "Brooke, don't stick your fingers through the fence to where the geese are, they will bite them". And every year I would refuse to heed her warning and I'd stick my fingers through the fence. And every year the geese would bite my fingers. True, it was no one's fault but my own.... I still hate geese because of it.

Next Up: Nick and I took Reagan to the South Davis Aquatic Center. Seriously, there were three other kids there. How perfect is that?


Reagan loved swimming in circles. Nick wished the water were deeper, so that he didn't have to crouch down to do this.


I am sure Reagan was probably "giving instructions" in this picture. Since she has become more communicative she is always telling us what she wants in a very adamant manner.

Lastly (for now), my parents took the kids to the Treehouse in Ogden. Reagan had more fun here than she did the time I took her to the Children's Museum at the Gateway (again, maybe the fact that there were so few kids there, had something to do with it?)


Reagan, sitting on the map of the U.S. I was trying to get her to point at her "hometown". But for some reason she wanted to point at the WA/OR border instead?


Reagan would have stayed in the Music room the entire time we were there and been content. Our neighborhood is starting a Music-Makers class this week and I am excited for Reagan to attend.


Reagan the Rodeo Princess. My little brother is trying to get her to do an "8 seconds" pose.



President Reagan! Oh wait? President Reagan Jr.? Also a "Great Communicator"- thanks to Baby Signing Time, Elmo in Grouchland and Lion King. Here she is in a triumphant pose behind the desk in the Oval Office exhibit. And sitting on the floor of the oval Office beneath her namesake-ish.
Too Cute.

5 comments:

Emily said...

MISS those fun things to do so close at hand, not to mention you're the coolest mom ever taking your daughter to all those great places...but never, NEVER be sad when the sun comes out! When you live in darkness a good 3+ months out of the year, as we do, you bless the sun's heavenly name...but you're probably referring to the heat, right?! I can do without that too.
ps glad to hear things are back to non-craziness in your house, way to plumb!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We love the Treehouse museum. If you ever want to come back we would love to head back there with you.

April said...

You have been busy! Sounds like a ton of fun. I wish we had more kid friendly activities here. Cheer loud at the BYU game for us!!!

Jacki said...

Your daughter is adorable! And you look fabulous! How the heck are you? Email me sometime and we should go hang out. Take the kids to a park or something. jackiandtim@msn.com

Jeanne Lewis said...

You guys look like you are having a lot of fun! I used to do things when I had one kid and even two kids but three forget it! Reagan reminds me of Lorelei cause she is getting a lot of experiences that most kids don't get:)