I wanted to do a post remembering the Adventures Nick and I have had together (to date). Sometimes I need to remind myself that we are not boring. In fact, new parenthood is anything BUT boring!
However, I did want to make a record of our activities pre-Reagan. Yes, we were cool.
In Chronological order (or my best estimate of it):

We got Married!

Went to San Diego, CA on our honeymoon. This is the restaurant where Nick discovered his love for Sea Bass. I dined at this place in S.D. on a prior trip and already knew they could prepare a mean seafood dish!


Our move to Seattle. And our regular trips to Pike's. Seattle was like living in fresh seafood heaven!

This was taken at the airport the day my little brother, Brian, returned from his LDS mission to Pennsylvania. Can you tell that Napoleon Dynamite was the #1 movie at he box office at the time? Right after Brian got home we went to Sun Valley, ID on vacation; where we "biked our bums off" pedaling around the Resort. I chose to use this picture, because the biking pictures were none too flattering.
However, I did want to make a record of our activities pre-Reagan. Yes, we were cool.
In Chronological order (or my best estimate of it):

We got Married!

Went to San Diego, CA on our honeymoon. This is the restaurant where Nick discovered his love for Sea Bass. I dined at this place in S.D. on a prior trip and already knew they could prepare a mean seafood dish!
Our move to Seattle. And our regular trips to Pike's. Seattle was like living in fresh seafood heaven!

This was taken at the airport the day my little brother, Brian, returned from his LDS mission to Pennsylvania. Can you tell that Napoleon Dynamite was the #1 movie at he box office at the time? Right after Brian got home we went to Sun Valley, ID on vacation; where we "biked our bums off" pedaling around the Resort. I chose to use this picture, because the biking pictures were none too flattering.

Went to Couer D'Alene, ID and discovered the Garlic-Tastic restaurant: The White House. "You Love Garlic, We Love You!" is their motto.

Our first, of several, trips to Vancouver, BC. Nick developed a hefty dislike for all things Canadian (especially driving around the city).

We took a trip to Portland, OR to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. Portland is AWESOME! The OR coast is Beautiful. I don't agree with Nick about how awful Canada is, but I do agree with Nick about how horrid Central Oregon is. We hated driving through OR to get to UT from WA. Our main reasons: #1. You can't pump your own gas at service stations in OR. Annoying. #2. The speed limit is ideal. IF YOUR GERIATRIC! 60 MPH?! #3. The roads are curvy, there is NOTHING to see (think: Central UT, or SE Idaho) AND you can't speed through it.



Our vacation to Ecuador. In Nick's opinion: "the best place on Earth". We can go back; after he takes me to Europe (Italy, in particular)! We're planning a trip to Berlin for 2011, to visit Nick's Grandpa & step-Grandma. So maybe, South America 2012?

I still chuckle when I look at this picture. It's worth reading. This sign was posted by the pool at the Sheraton Hotel where we stayed for a few nights, while in Guyaquil, Ecuador.

Our seaplane ride. One time was enough for me. Nick went on a few other occasions after this.

Our trip to, and hiking around, Mt. Rainier.

Our skydiving adventure. Exhilarating! But I suppose I have turned a bit boring, because I probably wouldn't go again. In my mind (after having a child) it is now too dangerous of an activity to engage in.

Our first, of several, trips to Vancouver, BC. Nick developed a hefty dislike for all things Canadian (especially driving around the city).

We took a trip to Portland, OR to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. Portland is AWESOME! The OR coast is Beautiful. I don't agree with Nick about how awful Canada is, but I do agree with Nick about how horrid Central Oregon is. We hated driving through OR to get to UT from WA. Our main reasons: #1. You can't pump your own gas at service stations in OR. Annoying. #2. The speed limit is ideal. IF YOUR GERIATRIC! 60 MPH?! #3. The roads are curvy, there is NOTHING to see (think: Central UT, or SE Idaho) AND you can't speed through it.



Our vacation to Ecuador. In Nick's opinion: "the best place on Earth". We can go back; after he takes me to Europe (Italy, in particular)! We're planning a trip to Berlin for 2011, to visit Nick's Grandpa & step-Grandma. So maybe, South America 2012?

I still chuckle when I look at this picture. It's worth reading. This sign was posted by the pool at the Sheraton Hotel where we stayed for a few nights, while in Guyaquil, Ecuador.

Our seaplane ride. One time was enough for me. Nick went on a few other occasions after this.

Our trip to, and hiking around, Mt. Rainier.
Our skydiving adventure. Exhilarating! But I suppose I have turned a bit boring, because I probably wouldn't go again. In my mind (after having a child) it is now too dangerous of an activity to engage in.
Spring break '09: Nick went to Boston, MA for work orientation. Reagan and I jetted up to Boise, ID. Not a lot of surf or sun in either location, but still thoroughly enjoyable!
We've tried to include Reagan in some of our adventures. She is already a seasoned traveler, with four round-trip airline flights under her belt (granted, they have only been to either Seattle or Boise. Any flight over two hours with her would turn in to an adventure, in and of itself. I'm not brave enough to go there yet). We'll be adding another trip in November when she and I fly to Las Vegas.
Nick and I have a few trip ideas in the works. It looks like we may get this "adventure train" rolling again!
We've tried to include Reagan in some of our adventures. She is already a seasoned traveler, with four round-trip airline flights under her belt (granted, they have only been to either Seattle or Boise. Any flight over two hours with her would turn in to an adventure, in and of itself. I'm not brave enough to go there yet). We'll be adding another trip in November when she and I fly to Las Vegas.
Nick and I have a few trip ideas in the works. It looks like we may get this "adventure train" rolling again!
4 comments:
I love a good adventure train! This was a fun post to read and look through. I'll always be jealous of your amazing life in Seattle and beyond. And I totally agree with the sort of turning into a fuddy-duddy post-children, some things are just too dangerous and you'd never forgive yourself if something bad happened all for the sake of having a little fun. But that doesn't mean we're boring, AT ALL, it just means we're cautious, right?!
This was so fun to read. Maybe I will try to post one on my blog...though we haven't done as many exciting things we have still had a great 5 years together!
I didn't know you guys were planning on going to Berlin. That is where Jason wants to go so bad. He could be the tour guide that is where he served his mission.
it's true that things become too dangerous after you have kids ... love that you pointed that out:) Life if just a little more precious
But that doesn't mean that you aren't still really cool!! lol
Post a Comment