Sunday, November 1, 2009

HalloWeekend

I am certainly no party-pooper. But has anyone else noticed that major Holiday's are no longer celebrated on a single day?
My evidence: both Friday and Saturday, this past week held Halloween activities for Reagan.
All pointless notations aside... We had a great time!

Reagan was invited to her first party. It was a Halloween Breakfast on Friday morning.


Reagan wore her pink skeleton jammies. I am not sure why this picture is so yellow?? It's a good thing my kid's cuteness shines through, even when her Mommy's lack of talent at taking pictures is apparent. And yes, that is an electric toothbrush in her mouth. Anything to get them to brush, right?!

Also, on Friday we tagged along with Heather's family and went to a Halloween party at her church.


Saturday: Nick had to work both Friday and Saturday. So, we made sure to make a special appearance at Nick's work so that he could see Reagan in her costume.

After we met up with Nick I ran to Walmart. I threw my necessary shopping items (credit card, car keys, ID) in to Reagan's trick-or-treat bag. Much easier and smaller to carry around than my purse. I purchased three things and the lady at the checkout gave me so much grief about the trick-or-treat bag. She thought I was trying to steal it! I told her I had brought it in with me, and that I had originally bought it at Dollar Tree. At one point she told me that they might have to check the security camera's to verify that I really did bring the bag in with me. Are you serious?! All of that for a flimsy trick-or-treat bag! The only thing I could figure was that she was so miserable, and she was trying to strangle out the small bit of control she had in her life on Walmart patrons. I know my "preppy Mom" appearance just screams: SHOPLIFTER!
I wish this were an isolated incident, but I get this feeling every time I shop in Walmart. I swear, their employees have got to be the most miserable on the face of the planet.
Anyway, I have sworn this many times before: but I am done shopping there. I managed to go 4 years without shopping at Walmart when we lived in WA. So I know it is possible.

Moving away from my rant...
Heather and I took the kids to Toys R' Us for daytime trick-or-treating.



For Halloween Day, itself; Reagan was a Pink Poodle. Lance was Clifford the Big Red Dog, so we said Reagan was: Cleo (another Clifford cartoon character). They both looked awesome!


Grant was Curious George (YAY for public television). Isn't that the most handsome little monkey you have ever seen?


My little brother, Brian was a Godsend. He picked up Reagan from my House and took her trick-or-treating in my Mom's neighborhood for a while.
Then he brought her back to our house and walked around our neighborhood with me and her. His sweet wife, Jenny stayed at my house and passed out candy (since Nick was still working).

Reagan picked up the rules of trick-or-treating very quickly. She would pick up a piece of candy (or two, or three...) from the bowl and put it in to her trick-or-treat bag (we switched to an Elmo-Head trick-or-treat bag when we got home. I was so annoyed with the one that we took in to Walmart with us that I didn't want to look at it :)


Reagan had a vice-grip on that little Elmo-head that carried all of her candy. She knew what was in there, and she wasn't about to let anyone take it from her.

Thanks to everyone who helped make our HALLOWEEKEND fun!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wal-Mart is the devil! But Reagan is the cutest pink poodle!

Kari said...

I couldn't stop laughing at your rant about Walmart! Amen to everything you said - I feel miserable every time I walk in there. Why am I still shopping there?!

However, in their defense, you totally look like a shoplifter....ha ha kidding!

Bellamy Family said...

Apparently the wal-mart employee and myself have something in common... You cant fool us!!! One dollar Halloween bag shoplifter!! :-) ha ha I hope your guilty conscience has weighed in here and helped you come to the right conclusion. :-)

Kidding of course. I'm glad you had a fun Halloween. :-)

Get Hooked said...

I think you are getting off very lucky if Halloween was just a weekend for you. My kids were in and out of their costumes for a week, because of Halloween activities. Reagan does look super cute in her costumes though.

You know I was one of those Wal-Mart employees for like 3 years. I don't think I was miserable. Those were the easy years of my life. No real responsibility, except my $200.00 a month rent. However, if I was a Wal-Mart employee now, it might be miserable. But when I think about going back to work once my kids are in school, that is exactly the kind of job I want. One where I'm expected to do very little, no work to take home. Once I leave, I leave. If my kids are sick, no one is really depending on me anyway. Sounds like a nice job... if only it paid more than $7.00 and hour.

Jeanne Lewis said...

Oh My Gosh! How stinkin Cute!!! I love Reagan's costume:)