Saturday, December 5, 2009

Now I remember.

It has been snowing all day, and usually I would be cursing the awful driving conditions and freezing cold. Wishing that I were in a warmer climate (like: Seattle). But today I am grateful to be in UT.
I have been suffering from a sinus infection since Wednesday. I would love to have gone straight to bed. But with a toddler in the house that does not happen. Instead, I spent a good part of the day, yesterday; sitting on the couch watching Reagan create mess after mess. I had no energy to do anything about it.
Of course, all I could muster for dinner was a BP&J sandwich. One of the pieces I gave Reagan must have been too big because she started to choke on it. She coughed it up but also threw up. Just what I needed (eye roll). My Mom came over and put Reagan in the tub. Then, Jenny (my most-amazing sister-in-law) came to the house and entertained Reagan for 2+ hours so that I could rest.
This morning, Heather came and picked up Reagan and took care of her all day so that I could go to the doctor and have some down-time.
Living in UT isn't so bad. My family is here.
Happy Birthday, Mom!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Heaven bless the family! My worst nightmare is being sick and still having to take care of perfectly fine kids. Glad you're able to have good help, and I hope you're up and at'em again soon!

Vanessa said...

It's so nice to have family around who can help when you need it. I'm glad you've great support there in UT!

Kari said...

Sinus infections are the WORST! Hope you feel better soon. :)