Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Quick Post. No Pic's.

As of this week Reagan has really gotten in to the "spirit of Christmas" by adding a new word to her vocabulary:
"MINE!"
Isn't it fitting? Sigh.

And if we hadn't realized that winter is here, already... we are being heavily reminded by the different "bugs" that are infecting each one of our family members. Nick was sick a few weeks ago, then Reagan, then me. Now, it's Reagan's turn again. She has "the croup". We took her to the ER in the middle of the night. She woke up coughing and it sounded like she could hardly breathe. After 4 hours... we were discharged with a mini-lecture from the nurse about which symptoms in children truly warrant a trip to the ER. Well, excuse me for being a first-time Mom! If I hadn't honestly thought my daughter was very ill I wouldn't have brought her in. Live and Learn and then pay the hospital bills, I guess.

I know I alluded to the "not so great" situation with Nick's job in a prior post. Well, Nick's employment took a positive turn. He just finished his first official week as a pharmacist at Walgreen's. It was a hard decision to make, especially because Nick really liked his co-workers at Albertson's. But in the end when we made a list there were more "pro's" with Walgreen's. If you want to hear the entire story, I'd be happy to share it in person. It's way too long for a post. And if you do want to get the "nitty gritty", be ready for an earful (because really, can I ever refrain from keeping my opinion concise?!).

1 comment:

Get Hooked said...

I just said to David a few weeks ago that I was so tired of one of us being sick! However, Alyssa went off track for a few weeks and we all started getting better. Coincidence? But then she went back and started coughing. I've been Vit. C'ing them and the cough seems to be gone and we may all be healthy for Christmas. (Knock on wood.)

Congrats on the new job... I think. I hope things all work out. I'd love to hear all the details, maybe we should get together for dinner one night after the Holidays. (Just the girls) and before I begin to get very very very large, and have this baby. The countdown is on!