Monday, February 8, 2010

Funnies

The Sunday comics don't have anything on the Scheurer family. I love being married to a guy who makes me laugh (sometimes he does it on purpose, and sometimes not).

I want to preface this by saying that Nick still wears t-shirts (that I deem juvenile, but he thinks are funny). I have reminded him- ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS- that he is a few short months away from being "middle aged", he is a husband, father, homeowner and Pharm D Doctor; so why he feels the need to wear AquaTeenHungerForce t-shirts is beyond me? As an example.... a few weeks ago Nick took Reagan to her Music Makers class, because I had a doctor's apt. Reagan's music makers class is full of other kids from 2-4 years old and their Mom's. I was happy that Nick took Reagan to her class, even though he knew, most likely, that he would be the only Dad there. A few days after the class I ran in to one of the Mom's from the class and she made a comment about the "interesting" t-shirt Nick had worn to Music Makers. I thought about it for a second and then realized that Nick had been wearing a Monte Python t-shirt that day that says- IN BIG BLACK LETTERS on the back, "I wave my private parts at your Aunties". Totally appropriate, right?!
So, earlier this week we had a knock on the door. Nick answered the front door to find a little girl scout there. She took one look at Nick and said. "Is your Mom or Dad home?"
Nick was wearing a Ralph Wiggum (from The Simpson's) t-shirt that has a big picture of Ralph on the front.
I know exactly what was going through this girl scout's head. No adult would wear a t-shirt with a picture of a Simpson's character on the front. So, naturally; this tall guy had to be a teenager.


I still got a kick out of her question. It gave us all a good laugh that night.

Next up: Reagan had the croup (AGAIN!) a week ago. This, is in no way fun. But when I got home from the pediatrician's office and was giving Nick a report of what the Doctor said, I told Nick that the Doctor had suggested we prop towels under the crib mattress to put it on an incline so that Reagan's head and chest would be propped up. Nick went to work on this little project. When I walked in to the nursery after he had finished, this is what I found:


Chuckle.

Other things that make me laugh: Reagan will now tell me when she has "poo poo" in her diaper. It makes me smile every time to hear her say "poo poo". I guess I am not above "potty humor" after all. Reagan has discovered the full-length mirror in my bedroom and she LOVES to stand in front of it and watch herself do things- like put on bead necklaces. The other day my Dad caught her standing in front of the mirror practicing saying, "No, No, No", over and over again. Lastly, she has started walking around the living room with her eyes closed and her arms out in front of her. Sometimes she runs in to things. This is where "mean Mom" comes out, because I think it is funny. Who knows where she picks half of this stuff up from? I love that kid!

Oh, and one more thing. I want to "plug" the awesome blog my friend Jacki has started. You will find the button/link to it on the left-hand side of my blog. It is called "Bargain Divas" and it is AMAZING! I can't list all of the incredible deals that I have taken advantage of! But some of them are: Genuine Croc's for an awesome price, a free wide-toothed comb for untangling snarls from little' girls hair, Free pampers diapers, Free beech-nut baby food; just to name a few. If you do any sort of online shopping this blog is a MUST! Check it out. You will be happy you did!

3 comments:

Emily said...

hey, I'm not above potty humor either! those t-shirts kill me, how hilarious that he wore that completely inappropriate one to preschool! SO FUNNY! I hope the other mom's were laughing not criticizing, I sure would have been!

Jeff C. said...

I am getting Nick the following t-shirt for either his birthday or Christmas... copy and paste the link:

http://www.threadpit.com/store/product.php?productid=196

Kari said...

Oooh man this post made my DAY! I am still chuckling about the question from the girl scout. And the crib picture?! Oh my gosh that was hilarious. Such a man thing to do!! Thanks for the gut-laugh!