Friday, March 18, 2011

Running Me Off My Feet.

I wish the fast-talking "Micro Machines" spokesperson were available to convey this post to everyone, because oh-boy! have we had a busy week.
Deep Breath.
And:
It started off with Elsa bestowing her cold upon Reagan and me. We took both girls in to the pediatrician, Reagan for her Eczema; and Elsa for (what turned out to be) an ear infection, on top of her cold.
The very next day, Reagan started showing signs of pink-eye. The doctor's office was kind enough not to make me bring Reagan in, they just prescribed meds for her. We did a good job of keeping the infection contained, because Nick, Elsa, and I never got it. Icky stuff.
Nick and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary! Nick had to work on the actual date, so we waited until it was his weekend off, and then we went to dinner at Takashi (HEAVEN!); and stayed the night at The Little America.
We had a giant snowstorm! The following pictures are the beginning of it. The next day, we had a good 8 inches on the ground. And the day after that, it had all melted.

Elsa even made a trip outside, to see the snow.
She was (mostly) wrapped in Nick's jacket.

Nick's good friend, Randy came up from NM for a visit; and brought his three daughters: Camille, Sabrina, and Ashley, with him.
The evening of the first night that they were here we went to Pirate Island (think: Chuck E. Cheese, only with a pirate theme) with the West's. I think the kids loved it. And the pizza was a lot better here, than what they serve at Mr. Cheese's. My camera battery died upon arrival, so I didn't get any pictures.
The second day that the Wallwork's were here we went to the zoo.








This was such a great photo op! If you can't tell... There's a Cougar posing in the background.
Too bad they don't have any Blue Devils at the zoo, otherwise we would have taken a picture with it too.
We love NCAA basketball in March.

Randy runs his own catering business, and on the third day he put his chef skills to work; cooking us a mouthwatering lunch. He prepared Italian Sodas, Chicken Caprese, and the most amazing Fettuccine Alfredo we have ever tasted!
Another day, we took all of our girls to the Treehouse Museum. Nick bought Reagan a 1 year membership (it's about time!).
Finally! I managed to get Nick to take a picture. Sometimes it's nice not to be the primary photographer.

I babysat my handsome nephews the morning after the Treehouse Museum.
Lance is so good with Elsa. He adores her!

That evening, Nick, Randy, and Brian (my brother) went on a "man-date" to Wing Nutz. I stayed home with the girls (all FIVE of them). We watched a movie and ate junk food. I hadn't planned on letting Elsa partake in the calorie fest, but Ashley kindly decided to share her Cheetos with Elsa.

The Wallwork's returned to Albuquerque on Thursday morning. We'll see Randy, and his wife: Stephanie in NYC when we go in May (their trip will overlap ours by one day).
Thursday was St. Patrick's Day. I dressed the girls in their green attire, and thought it'd be delightful to get a picture of them together. As always; Reagan had other plans. I do not understand the child's aversion to having her picture taken?
At least I have one little girl that loves the camera!

Later in the afternoon I took my girls on a play date to Jacki's house. Jacki has been my friend of mine for ages, and she has two handsome little boys. She runs a very successful blog, newly renamed: Mama's On A Dime. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. It's fab! I have a link to the site on the left side of my blog.
I've been taking a Love and Logic parenting class on Thursday nights, at our local elementary school. Last night after class, I arrived home just in time to kiss Nick goodbye as he headed off to his late-night basketball game. This game was for the regional championship. Nick's team lost by two, in OT. I'm hoping that next year they will schedule his basketball games at earlier times so that I can actually attend.
After all of that, we were pretty well "spent".
Nick has to work this weekend, but we're hoping for a little relaxation next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Elsa had an ear infection and Reagan had pink eye, but glad they are both better. It's no fun when you are sick.

How fun that you got to spend some time with friends. It's fun to catch up on what's going on in each other's lives

Happy late Anniversary! I'm glad you were able to do spend some quality time as a couple.

Dawn said...

Wow! You did have a busy week, but it looks like it was a lot of fun!