We had a little party for her two days before her birthday.
We grilled hot dogs, for all of the guests. Elsa ate an entire hot dog and a half!
I picked up a pretty princess cupcake especially for Elsa.
Obviously, she enjoyed the frosting. A lot. I don't think she even made it to the cake part of the cupcake.
I did not enjoy cleaning up the frosting. It stained everything it touched. Elsa still has pink stains on her skin, even after several baths. And it took an entire bleach pen to get the high chair tray table and my countertops clean.
But it was her birthday, and the cupcake was so cute. Worth it.
After her bath we opened presents.
Elsa is very loved! Thanks to everyone that recognized her birthday, in person; or in spirit!
On the day of her birthday, Nick and I took her out for some one-on-one time with Mom and Dad. We went to lunch at Corbin's (Elsa loves the large waterfall in the restaurant).
She snagged Nick's lemon from his lemonade. And I got a great picture opportunity:
We love having Elsa in our family. I believe she is he least "trying" child on the planet (at least, to date).
At a year of age she finally has as much hair as a normal newborn. She has six teeth, with two more coming in. She can crawl like a maniac, and is pulling herself up on everything! I am sure she will be walking soon.
She still sounds congested when she breathes, and has since the day she was born. Reagan slept in the same bedroom as Nick and me for the first 4 months of her life (mostly out of necessity, because we were in a 1 bedroom apartment). Elsa slept in our room for (maybe?) the first 4 days of her life. Even as a newborn, she was a noisy breather. The pediatrician says it is because she either has abnormally small nasal passages, or abnormally large adenoids. This problem should fix itself by the time she is in Kindergarten. Fingers crossed.
Elsa loves her Mommy. I have to admit that I revel in the fact that I finally have a child that prefers my company to Nick's. Reagan has been a "Daddy's girl" since the day she was born. Elsa loves Nick. But for the first time I have been able to experience what it is like to have the "tables turned". There have been times when Nick has been holding Elsa, and I will leave the house, or even just the room; and Elsa will cry because she wants her Mom.
Elsa is so smiley. I love that she is happy most of the time. She is a little clown, and makes the funniest faces. And is just an absolute joy, in general.
Happy first birthday, Elsa!
4 comments:
That's a Great Lemon face! Happy Birthday Elsa!
She is a complete Imlay. What a cutie.
Happy Birthday Elsa! I'm glad she had a good birthday.
happy birthday elsa!!!
Post a Comment