- Cohen is 3 months old and I have yet to cut his finger nails. Trimming baby nails is not a favorite activity for me. I dread it. But I am going to have to break down and do it some time soon because his nails are long and he has started scratching his face.
- Until recently, I could count on one hand, the number of times we ate a meal at our table. Mostly, the kids ate in the car (a place I swore my kids would never eat, before I had them) and on the carpet in our family room. The family room carpet has the many stains from spills by little children. Now that we've made a conscious effort to dine at the table my dinette set has started to fall apart. Up until now I had thought the table and chairs were in great shape. Turns out they weren't really hearty, they were just holding up well due to lack of use. When, yet another, chair leg broke Nick told me that I couldn't just buy a new (or used) set. No, instead he said he'd just fix the chair leg with duct tape and gorilla glue. Fellow wives, can I just tell you how excited I am at that prospect?!
- I'm the fat-est I've ever been, in a non-pregnant state. But I really don't want to change my eating habits. And I've only really been thinking about (not actually doing) working out. My best option is the 5:30AM workout class that my good friend teaches at the meetinghouse just up the street from my house. But that will cut in to my already-too-short sleep time. I may get serious about this once Cohen starts sleeping better? But for right now I really wish that #1- Nick worked a normal schedule, so that I could have a dedicated daily time to work out, and #2- that I had a neighborhood friend to walk/run with me to keep me motivated.
- The neighbors behind us are selling their house. I really want someone I know to move in there. Not just because it means that we wouldn't have to fix the fence that blew down in the windstorm... But because it'd be great to have backyard neighbors that I could love! Is anyone in the market for a new house in a great neighborhood?
- Elsa's nickname should be: "Recessive Child". Elsa has blue eyes (Nick has brown eyes and I have green eyes). Elsa's hair (the little she has) is blonde/strawberry blonde (Nick and I are both naturally very dark brunettes). And Elsa eats with her left hand (Nick and I are both right-handers). I guarantee that Elsa is not adopted, but sometimes I wonder how she managed to get all of the recessive genes?
- PS- Nick's the one who let her eat chocolate pudding with her church dress on. Obviously, he is also not the one who does the laundry in our house. But my biggest confession of all is that I still love the guy anyway.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Confessions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would love to go walking with you. More like a fast walk, obviously I can't run. :( I do need some motivation to exercise. Let me know if you ever want to go walking.
I love this post! Mostly because I can relate to so much of it!!!
Tara hadn't trimmed her first baby's nails, so when I went there to visit, I showed her how it was done since, you know, I was a seasoned mother of two. I cut one nail too short, it started to bleed, and we ALL cried. Now I have anxiety every time I trim my 3rd baby's nails and have flashbacks of that horrible experience! It is no fun--I don't blame you for letting it go! Just put socks on his hands like Tara did!
Post a Comment