Saturday, March 17, 2012

Funk

I feel like Cohen's 3 days in the hospital have put my life in to a 3 week (and counting) tailspin.
I haven't been able to get back in to the groove. And then, daylight savings came along and made things worse.

The past few days have been a bit better for me. I believe it is due to the weather improving; and because I know I have caring friends (thank you, Jacki, Emily, Kelli, Mom and Heather).

Sometimes life is hard. When you have 3 kids, ages 3 and under, more often, than not; life is hard. I had a stretch of 24 hours that nearly made me crazy. Elsa spilled a berry smoothie from Costco on to several areas of carpet in our family room. Reagan had an "accident" on the carpet runner in my hallway. Elsa pulled a decorative shelf out of the wall on top of herself. And literally, 2 seconds after I rushed in to help her Cohen tumbled off of the couch. I put the girls in my bedroom to watch a movie while I fed Cohen; and Elsa fell off the bed. And top top it off, that night I had a dream that I was at Nordstrom, and my little brother was pulling me around in a wagon because I had gotten too fat to walk. Yep. It's enough to make this Mom cuckoo.

Not to mention the fact that I feel as if my blog has been suffering. I don't feel like my writing is nearly as witty as it used to be. In the past I was fastidious about going back and correcting grammar and spelling errors on my posts. These days, not so much.Right now I'm still cringing at the thought of the way I spelled "fattest" in a past blog post, but have I changed it? No.

I'm hoping that things get better/return to normal when I start getting sleep at night.

All of that being said... I have a bit of catching up to do. I'll try to sum up as best as I can remember.

  • Reagan and I went in for haircuts. She was so well-behaved!


  • Cohen had his 4 month well-child appointment. He's had a major growth-spurt and is now in the 75th percentile for height, 25th for weight, and 10th for head circumference.


  • We had and enjoyable dinner with Tierney (her husband, Andrew), Spencer & Korie, and Damon & Jodi.


  • Nick made fried chicken. It's the first time I've ever had it homemade. I don't know if I can ever go back to KFC! Nick's was delicious, and a lot less fattening than the fast-food-dunked-in-grease version.


  • March madness was over in our house, before it could even begin. The first BYU basketball game was super-duper exciting! But it was all downhill from there. Nick didn't even have a chance to hang up the Duke flag before they were knocked out of the tournament. Nick says he will now spend the rest of the tournament cheering against teams, since he doesn't have a team to cheer for.


  • And now, a few pictures. All taken with my iphone; because it's been ages since I charged the batteries in my camera.

    Elsa loves hats.


    And getting in to mischief. ie- climbing in to a running shower, fully-clothed.


    And being completely adorable.


    Reagan took Cohen for a ride in her doll stroller.


    I have done my best to cultivate my kids' appreciation for good music. They love Elton John, and the Beatles. They beg to listen to Crocodile Rock, Yellow Submarine, and Ob-la-di-ob-la-da. They like to dance too.


    The last thing I want to mention is that Nick and I had our 7th wedding anniversary on March 5th. I'm writing about it last, not because it was an afterthought. But because, I really want to do an entire blog post dedicated entirely to gushing about my wonderful husband.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I hate it when things become whacky. It seems to messup my daily routine. Like a couple weeks ago I was sick and didn't exercise. Now that I am all better, I am having a hard time motivating myself to exercise everyday. I did exercise a couple of days, which is better than nothing. I'm going to try to do better this next week.

    Don't worry, it doesn't bother me when you misspell things because we all do it. You know what's interesting about me, I have to reread all my posts, emails, comments, and etc so many times it drives me crazy sometimes. I can't help it. It's something I've had a habit of doing since I was little.

    Kelli said...

    Oh I'm so sorry Brooke! I feel like I haven't seen you for awhile on our walks, but I know life gets crazy. Hang in there I know it will get better. The time change put me through a loop too. The next day I could barley function at work it was horrible. Just stay positive and know things will get better. Love ya!

    Get Hooked said...

    It must be in the air! I can't seem to shake my funk either. Hang in there. It has to get better, right? I keep telling myself it is all in my attitude. If I could just change my attitude.