Friday, April 13, 2012

From Then, Until Now.

I like blogging. But lately there has been no time for it.
The kids have spent a super-duper amount of time chillin' while Mommy frantically tries to stay organized.

To name just a few events that have been on my plate lately:
After what seemed like an eternity (but was actually six months), we refinanced the house. Hello to an awesome interest rate, and shorter amortization, and goodbye to PMI!

I cleaned, organized, and de-junked the entire basement so that Nate and Karen (Nick's little brother, and sister-in-law) could move in while they looked for an apartment.

I had a professional carpet cleaning company come out to clean the carpet in our family room. I was hoping their heavy-duty machine could get the stains out, that my own machine was failing at. No such luck. I guess I'll stick to my own machine from now on.

I was planning a vacation to California. And in preparation of said vacay; I had glitter toes done, my blue hair extensions put back in, and got eyelash extensions (which I love!).

Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but I have felt overwhelmed. Most days I don't know how it is possible for so many hours to pass, and for me to get so little done?

Reagan is good about entertaining herself. Elsa is not. I spend the better part of my day either holding/carrying one of my two babies.

I am sure things will get better once we get our backyard fence fixed, and I can send the kids outside to play.

It's pretty obvious that Cohen has two sisters. I have yet to dress him in any girl clothing, and I doubt I ever will. But I have had to wrap him in a pink towel after bathtime, on the days when all of the "boy towels" are in the laundry. And the other day Elsa was playing Barbies with him. He didn't seem to mind.


Here's a picture of him in a Duke Onsie, for good/masculine measure.


Last week we went to a park to celebrate a birthday. Reagan's friend, Connor, turned 4. It was also a sort of, farewell party, as Connor's family is moving next week.
Connor's Mom, Emily, has become such a good friend to me, and I am very sad to see her go!

The picture of Emily, Connor, Reagan, and Me; is not the best- I was editing my pictures, and I meant to delete it (because I had a better one)- but I accidentally deleted the good one. So, I HAD to post this one instead.

We also took the kids to the new City Creek shopping center in downtown SLC. It's a pretty cool place; but Nick and I spent the majority of our time keeping the kids out of the water features. When we go back, it will probably be sans children.
The girls did have a good time playing on the indoor playground.


Finally, I had a birthday. I turned 32. My birthday gift came from Home Depot. I asked Nick to install a door at the bottom of the basement stairs. Since Nick has sworn off of DIY home projects he bought the materials, and is having my little brother install the door. It's fine with me.
Nick made me brownie-batter pancakes as my birthday meal.
I also got a card.

Reagan wrote the word "MOM" all by herself. I was impressed!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Brooke, I love your blog. I love what you write and how you write, you are honest and you and your family will look back on this time of you life and feelings and be so glad your recorded it. It's funny and crazy and wonderful (3 kids under 3!!!). I commend you mom to mom! What a special time of life...

Kelli said...

What a horrible friend I am! I missed your birthday. Please forgive me. I hope it was a wonderful day!