Saturday, June 29, 2013

Swimming Lessons

I signed the girls up for only one week of swimming lessons at Hunsaker Swim School.  I was slightly concerned, after last year; when I felt like one of the teachers' heart wasn't really "in it" anymore.  I wasn't certain that the quality of lessons they were giving warranted the price.  I wanted to see what they were going to be like this year, before I committed to more than one week.
The teacher I was worried about last year, didn't end up teaching this year.  And when the week was done, I felt like the girls had received top-notch instruction.  I signed them up to do another week in July.  And if I can get them classes in August, I'll do a week then too.

Elsa screamed and cried for her entire lesson the first day.  Brooks was her teacher this year, and he was very patient.
Reagan screamed and cried when it was time for her to get out of the pool and go home.  That girl is a fish, I tell you!  A fish!
Elsa calmed down, for the rest of her lessons.  And by the end she never wanted to stop doing the back float. 

 Reagan, was taught by a girl named, Sarah.  I felt like Reagan learned a lot.  She was so eager to learn freestyle swimming, the breaststroke, and of course, jumping off the diving board.

I think Reagan is going to be a talented swimmer.  I wish we could afford to have her in private lessons year-round.
Two days after swimming lessons were over, Reagan woke up with an earache.  Nick took her to Bountiful Kids Care, and the doctor said that Reagan had a bad case of swimmers ear.  The doctor said that Reagan's ear canal was so swollen she couldn't see Reagan's ear drum.  Do you think that is going to stop Reagan from swimming?  Absolutely not.
I'm going to have to be vigilant about caring for her ears, after swimming now, though.

No comments: