Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Magoon.

Nick got discount tickets to Lagoon.  Or, as Elsa refers to it: "The Magoon".  Nick never works on Mondays, last year we went to Lagoon on a Monday, and it wasn't busy at all.  So, we decided to do that again this year.  Frustratingly, the Monday we decided to go also turned out to be the starting date of a local promotion that was offering buy 1 get 1 free tickets to Lagoon.  It was busy.  We tried our hardest to make the best of it.

We left Cohen with my Mom.  And took the girls.  Since we were able to get a ton of tickets at the discounted price we decided to share the wealth.  We invited the Stevenson's and Lym's to come with us.  For the first few hours of the day we all stuck together, and rode rides.
We had lunch in Pioneer Village, and split up after that.

I didn't want to make the same mistakes I had made when we went to Disneyland.  So, at this amusement park; we took took the girls home during the hottest part of the afternoon.  It was nice to come home to a cool house, for a few hours.  It's also nice that we live so close to Lagoon, so that coming home was an option.
Reagan took a much needed nap, and the rest of us relaxed.

We went back, and headed straight for Lagoon-a-beach.  My least favorite part of the park, and Reagan's most favorite.

After we left the water park, I finally deemed it safe to pull my cell phone out and take pictures.  Up until that point, I hadn't had my phone on my person because I was too scared of it getting wet, or flying out of my pocket.

Elsa loved the Bulgy the Whale ride.  She rode it several times.
 On EVERY ride, Elsa would duck down and hide for the first part of the ride.  Once she found some courage, she would emerge.  I was so proud of her.  She rode all of the rides that she was tall enough for, and even though she was scared, she never cried.

Reagan is my daredevil.  There isn't a ride that scares her.
 Elsa is the perfect partner for me to have at Lagoon.  And Reagan is ideal for Nick to buddy up with.

I was fit to be tied with all of the line-cutting that was going on!  It was out of control.  Toward the end of the day, I started calling people out, when they went ahead of me in line.  But it didn't do any good.  There are signs posted everywhere, that say. "line-cutting is cause for ejection from the park", but apparently Lagoon isn't serious about it.
On one of the last rides we went on, Reagan and I found ourselves at the front of the line to get on a roller coaster.  I asked Reagan where she wanted to sit?  She told me that she wanted to sit in the front.  As we headed for that spot, two boys (maybe 11 years old) pushed past us, and sat in that seat.  The look on Reagan's face was sad.  I walked up to those boys, and told them that we had been first in line, and that we were going to sit in the front.  One of the boys told me. "being at the front of the line doesn't mean anything"! 
I was flabbergasted at how rude they were, espeically to an adult!
I stood my ground, and guestured that they needed to move.
Finally, one of the little boys got out; and told his friend that he should move too.  They picked the seats directly behind us.  The entire time, I kept hoping that they wouldn't spit on us.
Stuff like this completely incenses me!  I really don't want my kids to ignore rules, and I particularly don't want them to be rude to adults.

Anyway, the rest of the day was fine, and fun; for the most part.

I can handle roller coasters, and rides that go fast, and spin.  But I am terrified of ferris wheels.  I hate them.  The last ride, that the girls wanted to go on was the sky ride/tram that takes you across the park.  I thought I would be fine with it.
At the last second, Elsa decided that she wanted to go with Nick; and Reagan came with me.  There were two times, on the ride, that it stopped.  I think my heart did too.  Reagan was bouncing and swinging in the chair.  She kept saying, "isn't this the funnest ride, ever, Mom?".  No, it was not.  I was terrified that Reagan was going to fall to her death, those chairs don't have seat belts!  I had an iron grip on the bar in front of me, and I had broken out in a nervous sweat. 
After we left the water park, I had opted not to wear my tennis shoes, and put on flip-flops instead.  On the sky ride my feet started to get sweaty, and my flip-flops started to slide off.  I was flexing my feet, trying to keep my sandals on.  But I literally could not let go of the bar,to grab the flip-flops with my hand.  Fortunately, my sandals didn't end up becoming a casualty, and Reagan and I made it safely off of the ride too.  But I learned my lesson.  Sky rides have now been added to the list of rides I will not go on.

We left at 9PM.  Walking out of the park, I was carrying all of our bags; and Nick had Reagan on his shoulders, and Elsa in his arms.  I tried to get a picture of it, but by the time I got my camera out, Nick had put Elsa down.
I think we'll go back next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My jaw dropped when I read about the kids on that ride. I hope my kids never talk to an adult like that. I'd be fit to be tied too.