My sister proposed that we all go see the new LEGO Movie. I thought it would be great!
I kept waffling about making a decision to take Cohen, or not.
In the end, I decided to include Cohen, and take him to his first movie in the theater.
Mistake.
He wandered up and down the aisle, and actually sat in a seat for the first half of the movie. But when he was done, he made it very obvious that he was D.O.N.E.
I was at one end of the row, and my Mom was on the other end. A fussy Cohen made his way to his Grandma, and I thought he calmed down.
I finished watching the movie, with both of the girls on my lap, in peace.
For the record, I thought the movie was fantastic! Two thumbs up. The girls liked it too.
When it was over, I looked down the aisle, and saw that my Mom's seat was vacant. Apparently, she ended up taking Cohen out of the theater, and we found them outside playing.
I felt awful that my Mom had to miss the end of the movie!
I'll rent it on redbox, and take it to her house for a movie night, when it's available to rent.
After the movie, the kids played in the Courtyard at Farmington Station.
It was a great day!
Other items worth mentioning:
I've FINALLY convinced Nick to get rid of the Mini Cooper! Can I get a "hallelujah"?!
It's just not a practical car for our family.
He's decided he'd like to buy an Acura TL, instead. I am A-O-K with that. When he got home from work on President's day, I sent him off to a dealership to test drive a TL. I sent the checkbook with him, and told him to buy the car, if he liked it. He came home and told me that the car he liked had been sold. Darn! So, we're still keeping our eyes peeled for a good deal.
Oh, and if anyone is the market for a vehicle that gets excellent gas-mileage, is fun to drive, etc... Consider buying our Mini Cooper Convertible.
Moving on... As far as Valentine's Day goes, in our house it doesn't really register on the radar. Of course, I helped the girls do Valentine's to take to their classes. But Nick and I never do anything to celebrate the "holiday". It doesn't bother me.
This year, however, we did break with tradition, and we went out to lunch. We had nothing else going on, and my Mom said she'd watch the kids, so we figured, why not?! We ate at Twigs (an "upscale" restaurant in Farmington Station). It's the second time I've been there, and it was just as big of a letdown this time, as it was the first time I patronized it. Nick hit the nail on the head when he said: "If I'm going to pay $75 for a meal, next time it's going to be at a high-class sushi joint". Twigs just isn't anything great, and certainly not worth the price.
No comments:
Post a Comment