Friday, September 5, 2014

Stay Awhile, Summer!

Nick's parents acquired a new dog.  Kona, is a female golden retriever; and for Reagan, it was love at first sight.
We've spent a few summer nights at Nick's parents' house playing, so that Reagan can hang out with Kona.
 
In this picture, the kids were all getting "on their mark" to run a race.
Nick's parent's are in the process of re-landscaping their yard.  Cohen had a fun time playing in the dead grass.

At the beginning of the summer I made a list of outings, that I thought the kids might enjoy.  Going hiking at Mueller Park was one of the last things on the list that we had not done.
So, on an overcast Friday, Nick got off of work early and we took the kids up the canyon.
It was perfect!
Not too hot.
And the tree canopy gave us plenty of cover from the rain.
Reagan and Elsa did really well, and walked the entire time.  Cohen, however, wanted to be carried.  We made-do with what we had, to carry Cohen.  A poor man's Kelty backpack, I suppose?

Elsa had the best time, of all of the kids.  I thinks she could have hiked all of the way to the top!  Reagan wanted to turn around, about a mile in to the hike.  So, I took her back.  Elsa stuck with Nick and Cohen (who was still being carried); and they went on.
At the bottom of the trail, there's a small River.  Naturally, Reagan wanted to play in the water.
At one point she fell in the water.  But it didn't phase her.
It was an ideal way to spend the afternoon.

The Friday, during the first week of school, I picked Reagan up as soon as school was dismissed at 1:25PM; and I took my kids to the zoo.
We all needed to engage in some fun, after that intense week!
We had a blast!
The zoo wasn't too busy.  And we hadn't been there since they opened the new safari exhibit.

It was wonderful.
My hope is that Summer sticks around for another month.
I love the warm weather.

No comments: