Thursday, August 6, 2015

Things That Make Me Laugh.


My fingernails have been growing like gangbusters through the AC chemo.  Ironic, considering that they aren't supposed to fare very well once I start the Taxol.  Apparently, Taxol makes your nails brittle and dry, and lots of chemo patients have reported that their nails fell off.
 
So, maybe I'll be ahead of the curve, going in to this new round of chemo, since my nails are currently so healthy? 
Last night, Nick asked me when I was going to trim my fingernails?
I told him, I'd get around to it eventually.
He said, if I didn't do it soon, he was going to come up with a "stripper name" for me, and start calling me that.
I took a picture, before I trimmed my fingernails today.

Here's the second thing that makes me laugh:
I think, my entrepreneurial friend, Jacki, would call this a "bargain blunder"!
I am a total fruitcake about shaving my legs.  Pre-chemo, I shaved my legs every day.  Never fail.  And whenever I have a good coupon for razors, I buy a pack.
So now, I have 81 razors in my drawer.  I guess, if the apocalypse happens any time soon, they'll be something I can use as currency, right?!  Either that, or I'll have the smoothest legs of anyone still walking around in the post-apocalyptic world!

This one next picture is specifically for my childhood friend, Katie.  Who has been making fun of me for years (about many things, but the overabundance of Pantene in my toiletry cabinet, in particular).
Yes, that's 13 bottles of Pantene conditioner!
If I didn't still need it for my girls' hair, I'd be seeking out a 12-step program to help me stop buying it!
I won't be lacking, when my hair eventually starts to grow back in.

So, obviously, I'm in a lighter mood today, and that's a nice place to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least I know where to come when I am homeless and I have hairy legs! You crack me up!!! Insert....NOBODY needs 13 bottles of conditioner ever! Oh wait....we are Mormon. LOL

Jacki said...

I literally laughed out loud at this post! I freaking love you! And at least your razors don't expire, eh? You will put them to good use eventually. :)