Easter weekend (in our neck of the woods) was cold and snowy/wet. Originally, I had planned to take Reagan to the local Fruit Heights Easter Egg Hunt. Nick had to work, but Heather and Jeff took pity on me and came up to tag along.
We arrived at the location of the F.H.'s hunt and saw a sign that said it was postponed until the following weekend.
Heather suggested we go to Dan's Grocery store, since they were doing festivities. But quickly rescinded that suggestion when I reminded her of my feelings toward Associated Food Stores. Instead, we decided to drive over to the Farmington Smith's Grocery Store.
We were too late for the stuff going on at Smith's.
And changed our plans for a third time, when we saw a sign for Farmington's Easter Egg Hunt. After getting a little lost, we found the park in Farmington and unloaded the kids for the hunt.
We were early, and had to wait in line for 15 minutes before the hunt began.
You may not be able to tell from the pictures but it was fetching' freezing outside. Heather and I constantly ask each other why we do stuff like this to ourselves?! Maybe someday our kids will appreciate it.
The hunt turned out better than I expected. They split the kids up in to age groups (so that the little kids wouldn't have to compete with the big kids). And they made sure that every child under the age of 3 was given an egg that guaranteed them an extra special prize.
Lagoon Amusement Park sponsored all of the prizes, and they were not too shabby.
Reagan ended up taking home a large stuffed elephant, a Nemo Rain maker/stick, a stuffed bunny, and some candy.
Later on in the day I took Reagan to Nick's grandparent's house for their annual Easter Egg hunt. She threw a tantrum and broke her Easter basket, but what else is new?
AND just when I was complaining about the cruddy weather... I woke up Tuesday morning to find a foot of snow in our front yard. This was the most snow we had received all winter, and it is April! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! I can hardly take it.
Reagan, on the other hand, loves it because when it melts it turns in to water. Of course, she didn't spend her time playing in the actual snow. She headed straight for the gutter and the slushy stuff as soon as she went outside. Strange child.
I didn't know this until the next morning, but Nick told me that it took him an hour and a half to make it down our street and in to the driveway the night it snowed! We have such great neighbors! Two of our neighbors saw Nick's predicament (ie- his car being stuck in the road) and EVEN THOUGH it was 10PM, they came out and helped dig him out and get him home. I do really love our neighborhood. I just wish the neighborhood were in a climate that didn't get snow :)
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. I bet the kids hated standing in line for 15 minutes. Easter egg hunts are so much fun.
My parents never took us to an easter egg hunt, unless our ward threw one. Instead, my parents did their own and hid eggs around the house. I was fine with that too. That's something I want to do for my family.
Good times! If it's any consolation, we still have snow here and that's sadly because it hasn't even melted all the way yet AND then it went and snowed a bit last night, stupid Fairbanks!
Post a Comment