Sunday, August 29, 2010

Pick Your Battles

I would have to say that during the last month of my pregnancy my discipline skills were lax. OK, not even lax. If I were honest.... they were non-existent.


I am sure many of you have noticed recent pictures, in which, Reagan is STILL sporting a binky. We had gotten to the point that Reagan was only taking the pacifier at night. But I was so exhausted by the end of my pregnancy that I started giving in, and letting her have it during the day again.

Our trips to the Arctic Circle drive-thru were becoming very commonplace. Rather than fighting with Reagan to get her to eat healthy, I would chose the path of least resistence and I'd get her what I knew she'd eat: a corndog and a courtesy ice-cream cone.

There was a lot more DVD watching going on than there probably should have been. And I don't think that Reagan is anywhere near being ready for potty-training. The list could go on, but I am sure the picture is pretty clear.

I have some pretty hefty battles to wage in the near future. Joy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember trying to get rid of the binkie and potty training...sooo glad I'm past those stages. Although I do miss having a baby to hold. Im lucky if my kids will give me hugs anymore. Only if we are at home and no one can see...BRATS! Josh gives me hugs at home before school, so that he doesnt have to in front of his friends. Although, today when i picked him up he ran and hugged me. Dont think he realized he did it though.hehe

Emily said...

What we need is the picture of Reagan with her passey, holding a corn dog, and wearing just her diaper! But seriously, times and seasons right? I feel bad that I have just a month left of time for only Eden and I and have zero energy/motivation to make the most of it...we just do what we can!

Get Hooked said...

You do what you gotta do and then pay for it later. Survival mode. We've all been there. Good Luck, and do what ever works for you. Don't stress the small stuff. Though binky's and potty training seem big, have you seen a 12 year old with a binky or a diaper. It'll happen.

Jacki said...

But she is happy!! In the end, that is all that matters. She will be fine and will get rid of the binky and will start wearing underwear. Cut yourself some slack woman!