Saturday, January 8, 2011

By The Numbers.

32= the number of years my parents have been married. They just celebrated their anniversary. Good job Mom and Dad. 3 kids (living) and 4 amazing grandkids.
29= the number of years my sister, Heather, has been on the planet. She just had her 1st, 29th birthday (wink, wink. In March. I'll be celebrating my 3rd, 29th birthday).
My nephew, Grant, has a baby blanket that is satin-y on one side, and warm and fuzzy on the other side. Heather mentioned, a few months ago, that she would love an adult-size version of that blanket, to keep her cool in the summer, and warm in the winter.
I set out to make such a blanket for her. I didn't have a pattern, but I figured it wouldn't be too difficult to make a simple blanket for her. And, it wouldn't have been too trying, if the fabric hadn't been so darn awful to work with! I can't count how many times I had to rip out seams and start again. It took a lot longer to make this blanket than I had anticipated. Eventually, I finished. I told Heather that if she thought it looked like it was made by a Jr. High School Home-Ec student, she could just put it in the bottom of a closet and forget about it. Ha ha.
Here's the end product (picture taken with my iPhone):
6= the number of hours it took Brian, my brother, to fix the ball-joints in our truck. Because he did this for us, he saved us $600! The temperatures we have been experiencing this week have been extremely frigid! We parked the truck in our garage, but because it is so long, we can't close the garage door. The hours Brian spent working on the truck were done in the freezing cold. What a great brother.
7.5= between Jill, Ruthann, and I; this is the number of children we have. We got together for a little lunch the other day. I can still remember our fun days of running around in High School. These days, we're still running around; but mostly after our own children. Ruthann, in particular; is just running- and has the svelte body to prove it.
The kids spent most of the time playing/fighting over the Thomas the Train playset.
2= the number of vacations we will be going on in 2011. In May we're going to NYC to visit my parents. Sidebar: has anyone ever been to Sesame Place? I'm trying to decide whether we ought to put it on the itinerary? In November, we will be heading to Orlando for Nick's Grandpa's birthday celebration. It is going to be so fun to take the girls to Disneyworld!
1= a couple of "firsts". I came down with my first cold-sore/fever blister. It has been disgusting and horrible. I am fairly certain I got it from Nick (he has had them before, and most recently, had one a few weeks ago). Nick swears that I didn't contract it from him. But where else would I have picked this up? My toothbrush doesn't share a holder with anyone else's toothbrush, and it has been over six years since I have locked lips with any other guy, but Nick. Hmmm?
Another first= I took Reagan to a salon for the first time for a hair cut. Her hair grows so slowly, that I have been very hesitant to cut it (trims to her bangs, being the exception). But Nick said that I really needed to take her in to get her hair evened out. So, I scheduled am appointment for myself, and one for Reagan as well so that she could be "de-mullet-ized".
I didn't take pictures at the salon, because I was too busy getting Reagan to sit still.
Suzanne, my stylist is so talented! Reagan and I both walked out looking beautiful!
Later on in the week, Reagan woke up with this hairstyle (front view):
Side View:
How do you describe this? It's either the worst case of "chicken butt" I've ever encountered, OR Reagan is trying out the "backward Snooki" look.

4 comments:

Dave and Catherine said...

Everyone I've talked to has said that Sesame Place is awesome. Depending on when you come visit, we may go down with you guys!

Kari said...

It takes me HOURS to get my hair to look like Reagan's in that last pic. ;) So darn cute! Fun post.

Get Hooked said...

7.5 Really? Wow!!! Love the numbers idea. Reagans hair looks all to familiar. Thanks for the nice compliment. But you can't use words like that with me, I had to look up the meaning. YOU ARE TOO SWEET, and exaggerate a bit. It was good to see you and your cute girls. Thanks for making it happen. And thanks for letting me borrow that book.

Emily said...

Chicken Butt? So funny!