Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Catch Up.

In recent happenings: Reagan still refuses to drive her power-wheels. But Elsa loves it!


Reagan far prefers pedaling around on her tricycle. She gets better at it every day.


We've used our pass to the Treehouse Museum a lot! No pictures, because I've already posted many from prior trips.


We took the girls to an Emergency Preparedness Fair in Fruit Heights. It was a chilly day, so we were all bundled up. Reagan liked touring the fire truck and ambulance, but she was sorely disappointed about the fact that they didn't have the Search and Rescue helicopter there.


Nick, Reagan, and I had our 6 month check-up with the dentist. None of us had cavities this time! Yay! Reagan did much better in the dentist chair this time. She allowed the dentist to count her teeth, and then he brushed them. Elsa came with us, and sat on my lap, while I had my teeth cleaned. She was her usual self, and happily took in her surroundings. No fussing.


Every time I think that Reagan may be on the path to recovery from being a mischief-maker, she relapses. Earlier this week, I had planned on dropping Reagan off at Walgreen's, at the end of Nick's shift, so that he could take her with him while he went had had his car worked on. I was cutting it close on time anyway, when I went in to wake Reagan up from her nap. As soon as I opened the door I panicked. At first, I thought she was covered in tiny milk droplets (had her sippy cup exploded?!). But upon closer examination I discovered that she had made a hole in her beanbag pillow, and that all of the tiny Styrofoam balls had escaped. Thanks to static electricity, they were stuck all over Reagan, and her bed. They were in her eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. Cleanup was more time-consuming than I'd like to remember. I called Nick and told him he had to come home to get Reagan. In to the shower Reagan went. On the outside, she looked clean. But for days afterward, she was having Styrofoam balls coming out in her boogers and poop.

What more can I say? At least it wasn't throw-up.


Mother's Day was wonderful, with a capital W! Nick woke up early and made me breakfast. Orange-blossom and almond french toast with all of the fixin's. We took a trip to Whole Foods Saturday night to pick up all of the ingredients. He also made dinner. Hamburgers, fresh pineapple, etc... It was scrumptious! I was able to "take the day off".
Here's a picture of Reagan's gift to me:

It's the handprint she made in nursery.


Elsa had her 9 month appointment at the pediatrician. Previously, Elsa had been shorter and chunkier than Reagan was at her age. This is no longer the case.
In the past 3 months Elsa has gained a little weight, and has grown 3 inches! She is in the 50th percentile for weight, and the 90th for height. She is now taller than Reagan was at 9 months. I guess I can't call Elsa "my little fatty" anymore. Although, she still has lots of "rolls" on her legs.


There are some days that the weather has been decent. On those days we have been doing a lot of yardwork. Our largest project has been digging out the rose bushes in the front yard.
Last year, I mentioned how much I hated them. It wasn't until my friend Kristy mentioned that she dug her rose bushes out, that I even considered the possibility. It was like a light-bulb went on, and I realized that this was MY yard now, and that if I didn't want rose bushes, I didn't have to have them. Nick and I painstakingly, and painfully dug out 14 of the 16 rose bushes in my front yard. It feels like freedom! I no longer have to spend hours pruning thorny plants!


We're all eagerly anticipating permanent nice weather.


PS- don't look at the messy background. These pictures were taken right before my wonderful housekeeper gal came to the house.
And, for those of you that live near me and are interested in hiring my housekeeper too (she's looking for more work), I can give you her contact information. She only charges $10/hour, and is worth every penny!

1 comment:

Jonathan & Heather said...

I can't believe how much Elsa looks like Nick in these photos. Oh, and from reading your last post maybe we should plan on having the Christmas party at my house this year. You might be kind of busy. :)