Friday, July 1, 2011

Baby Bump.

20 Weeks.

Man! Those Prenatal vitamins are doing great things for my hair and skin color!
I wish.
Earlier in the week I had my talented hair dresser sew in permanent (real hair) extensions. I should have anticipated that by doubling my hair volume I would also be doubling my drying and styling time. Well worth it though.
And yesterday, Jenny (my Sister-In-Law) and I tried out some new tanning solution in my spray-on-tan machine. It smelled like coconut! Which is a definite improvement over every stinky kind I have tried in the past. I came out a little more tanorexic than I had hoped, but by tomorrow I will be a more natural shade of tan.
I struggled with idea of investing in the hair extensions, and new tanning solution because I feel like there isn't really anything I can do while pregnant that will help me feel more attractive.
I was pleasantly surprised to be slightly wrong.

Elsa LOVES her new crawling abilities. She spends a lot of time making bee-line's for open doors; and has learned that she can open the drawers in the kitchen.


Move over Gerber! Elsa has a new favorite food.

Happy Tot Organic Superfoods. She's tried every flavor I can find, and has speedily consumed each one (even the green bean, pea, & pear).
My opinion as to why she likes them so much is because it allows her to feed herself.
Elsa has been far more independent than her sister ever was.
Surprisingly, Reagan never held a bottle herself. She always wanted me (or anyone other than herself) to feed her. And even still, she wants me to dress her.
Elsa, on the other hand... started holding her own bottle around 3-4 months, and likes to do it ALL BY HERSELF these days.

In other developments: Elsa has been saying things like: "hi", "Dada", "Mama" (only occasionally), "baba", etc... for a while now. All of this is just jabber. But this morning, a little flying bug flew in to our family room and was zooming around. Elsa kept watching it, and I told her it was a bug. She started repeating "bug", "bug", "bug". But I thought it was just more random gibberish. We went outside for a while, had some lunch, and eventually came back in to the room. Elsa was sitting on my lap, and I noticed her looking up in the air. She was pretty intent on visually following whatever it was that she was watching. Then she said: "Bug", "Bug", and then turned around to look at me for confirmation.
Sure enough, I saw that little bug still flying around the room!
Maybe it was coincidental? But I don't think so.
I like to think both of my girls are smarty pants.

6 comments:

Get Hooked said...

I am sure they both are smarty pants! You look beautiful. Without reading I looked at the pic of you and thought, that totally is not fair. You look great. Alyssa's out of school for 3 weeks so we need to get together.

Wendy said...

Can I try your tanning machine. I sure need a little of that fake sun you've got going on! I've never really thought about extensions...but maybe, just maybe!!!

Bing Math said...

You look great! Hopefully you are feeling better this time around.

Jacki said...

You look beautiful! So start feeling more attractive. :)
And of course your girls are smart. Look at their parents. What else would they be?

Anonymous said...

You look great! I hope that when I have kids someday, that I will look as good as you.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, your hair is gorgeous! I know I've said it before, but I need some styling lessons from you STAT! That feed-yourself baby food is awesome, Wells hates letting me feed him, which means we don't eat as much solids as we probably should, there's only so much "real" good they can realistically eat at this point you know?! Anyhow, I love your bump and your friends visit vacation in your backyard sounds like it was a blast too!