At night, I'm subject to pregnancy-induced insomnia.
Wouldn't it be easy to put the kids in front of the TV all day, so that I could lounge around? Yes. But I'm trying to avoid that scenario. Just because I am being punished doesn't mean my daughters should be.
This week we kept up a decent schedule.
Reagan was invited to her first birthday party. A girl in our neighborhood had a princess-themed birthday celebration. Reagan decided to dress up in her Sleeping Beauty costume. I know she had a wonderful time!
We made it, ON TIME, to preschool this week (as opposed to last week, when one of the days I had it in my head that preschool started at 9:30AM, rather than its actual 9AM start time. Reagan was late, and I was mortified that I was so disorganized!).
Thursday's pre-school was "Pajama Day". It was also the day that they were celebrating Reagan's birthday (kids with summer birthdays get their party scheduled at some point during the year).
I was very proud of myself. I remembered to dress Reagan in her pj's. I also had all of the goodie bags ready, so that she could gift one to each kid in her class. And I didn't forget to send a baby picture of Reagan, and her favorite book. That's a lot for a very-pregnant parent to accomplish.
The weather was so nice this week, we spent a lot of time playing in our backyard.
Brian came over one night, and took Reagan for a ride on his motorcycle. Reagan LOVED it. He drove (slowly) up and down our street for 45 minutes. And even though it was past her bedtime she didn't want to stop.
Elsa still isn't walking. She "cruises" on everything. She can stand up by herself. And she is a little monkey that finds a way to climb on anything.
I probably sound crazy, but I wish she were walking. Bending down a million times a day to pick her up is not doing anything good for my 8 month pregnant back.
Reagan picked up a new hobby. Photography.
She took all of these pictures herself. Not too bad for a 3 year old.
Never, in a million years would I have entertained the idea of putting this picture on the blog. But I know that my Mom is curious about what I look like so close to the end of my pregnancy. So, here you go.
Just for you, Mom. A picture of me. Huge and pregnant.
4 comments:
Brooke, you are looking great. Sorry you've been exhausted. That's no fun at all. Both your kids are so cute. How exciting that Reagan is in school. I'm sure she enjoys it.
I love her new hobby, who else could have gotten such enthusiasm from Nick, or the red flip flop perspective?!
We want to see more of Reagan's photo work. She has a real future there.
Thanks for the photo of you.
Mom
I love your belly! And way to go on your late pregnancy accomplishments, I can't tell you how many times I had made up start times for various things while pregnant--we were "late" often and I was always so surprised when we got there and truly were late. The best part was I never once had that "oh ya, I guess I do remember that was the time" moments, I was always sure I'd been right!
Post a Comment