Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flying By The Seat Of My Pants.

No pictures in this post. Just a rundown of what is turning out to be a typical week for me.

Monday- I called the pediatrician's office to see if I could bring Cohen in to have his immunizations (he couldn't get all of them at his 2 month appt. because he was sick). They ask me to be there in 45 minutes. Miraculously, I get all of the kids ready, and make it from Fruit Heights, to Salt Lake City just in time.
I had just enough time to go from that visit to the Acura dealership, where I had an appointment to get my oil changed.
In the short time that I was in their waiting room; Elsa and Cohen both had dirty diapers. I think the employee assisting me could see my desperation. Either that, or he didn't want his waiting area destroyed by my kids before my car was ready... So, he offered us a loaner car. Done, and done.
We took the brand new MDX (that I immediately fell in love with!) over to Caputo's Deli to pick up ingredients for Italian dishes we were going to make later in the week.
Pulled in to our driveway just in time to get this kids fed and down for naps.
And then, the dealership called to say that my car was done.
I travelled back to SLC to get it, and on my way home I stopped and did my grocery shopping for the week.
When the kids were up from their naps we went to my parent's house and celebrate Christmas. We did it on that particular day because both of my parents were in town.
Nick made some pancetta risotto that was divine.
We came home, bathed the kids, put them to bed, and cuddled up on the couch where we caught up on the latest episodes of The Office.

Tuesday- I ran Reagan to preschool, and then took Elsa and Cohen with me to do my Visiting Teaching. I picked Reagan up from preschool, and went to the post office to next day air paperwork to Wells Fargo (our mortgage company); so that I could FINALLY get the property claim we filed for the wind damage, put to bed.
I did Dairy Queen drive-thru for lunch; and put the kids down for naps when I got home.
I hurried to get laundry done while they were sleeping.
When they woke up I switched up the carseats in my car, and picked up my Mom and Nick. We met my Dad at Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Twice, in a week. I know. But their salmon is just that good.
Kids bathed and in bed. Nick and I watched Hoarders (I started watching it while I was pregnant with Cohen, and now I'm hooked). It's a great motivator to keep my house clean, and to get rid of junk.

Wednesday- I got a phone call from an appraiser. We are currently trying to refinance our house. He wanted to know if he could stop by our house in a few hours to do the appraisal.
I didn't love the short notice. But I wanted to be accommodating. So, I kicked things in to high-gear and cleaned the house like a mad woman.
Nick and I both wanted to cook a nice meal for lunch. But when it came down to it, I was too tired. So we did Little Caesars pizza instead.
Kids napped. Nick went to work.
I went to the shoe repair store (for the 4th time in less than two weeks- the guy kept having problems and could never get my shoes done) to pick up a pair of boots I had left.
The kids and I had apples and sandwiches for dinner.
Bedtime.

Thursday- Reagan went to pre-school. My visiting Teachers came over. They left just in time for us to go pick Reagan up from pre-school. We went to McDonald's for lunch, and my brother met us there.
Kids nap. Me laundry.
When the kids woke up I had to run a few errands around the neighborhood. We finished the night off by watching Sesame Street and eating Mac & Cheese.

Friday- Elsa woke up sick with a cold. I did some cleaning, and at 10:45AM my friend Kelli came over to check out Cohen's nursery set-up. Kelli's having a baby in April, and I wanted her to see how I utilized a small nursery space.
Nick watched the kids while Kelli and I went to Kneaders for lunch.
I got home and my Mom came over to help me start a large batch of my Grandma's spaghetti sauce.
Nick went to work, and I ran out to the door to a doctor's appointment. I had an endometrial ablation done at the end of December. So, this was my follow-up, and also my "yearly". They drew my blood to check my thyroid levels (I'll never get over hating that, and needles in general).
On my way home I popped in to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the spaghetti sauce.
My Mom watched the kids while I was gone. Elsa, was naughty and refused to stay in her bed for a nap. Funny because she was the one who needed sleep the most.
My Mom left when I got home, and I finished up the spaghetti sauce.
I got the cooking mess cleaned up just in time to head out the door, with kids in tow.
We went to my parent's house for a pizza party. I stopped at a Redbox on the way and got A Dolphin Tale. I think the adults enjoyed the movie more than the kids. But overall, the party was a hit! All of my children were up past their bedtime, but I think it's OK, every once in a while.
My parents flew back back to NYC this morning, and we were all sad to see them go.

Saturday- Since I didn't get the kids bathed the night before, I woke up and put them all in the tub. Nick took Reagan with him and went to his parent's house to work on his car.
I played with Elsa, and had a somewhat low-key morning.
I have errands to run later in the day. And Sunday I am hoping that things will be relaxing.
Mostly because next week looks like more of the same.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I had so much fun at lunch. Thanks again, let's do lunch again soon!

Kelli said...

Oh and we rented A Dolphin Tale too on Friday night. I thought it was a cute movie!

Katie said...

Hoarders always makes me feel dirty and I also clean a frantic woman after. Garrett jokingly says I should watch one a day ;D

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the spaghetti sauce you gave us last night. :) Thanks! Hoarders has the opposite effect on me. I think, "Sheesh! My house will never get that bad." Oh, and Sam and I really like Courageous from Redbox.

Emily said...

This makes me tired for you! Busy, busy mama!