Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Little Of This, A Little Of That.

There are two things that have eluded me on a regular basis lately. Sleep, and time to blog.
All I can say is, "oh well".
I'm getting some blog time in now, and Cohen won't wake up multiple times during the night for the rest of his life.
I hope.

A few weeks ago Nick and I went to dinner with our old friend, Katie, and her husband, Mike. They introduced us to Indian food at Taste of Punjab. Yum!
Last week Reagan was playing that she was on a pretend fishing trip, and she caught me a pretend salmon. It made me realize that it has been a few months since I had some good salmon; so we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner, for their herb crusted salmon.

A few days ago, Nick and I went to dinner at Faustina with Kelli and Josh (friends from our neighborhood). I had lamb chops and they were very tasty!

It's been a good couple of "food weeks".
And not just for Nick and me.
We call Elsa "our little garbage disposal". She will eat anything. And lots of it.

In the first picture, Reagan left her cereal on the kitchen table, and Elsa climbed up on to the chair (after Reagan had wandered away) and finished the bowl in no time flat.
The second picture is one that Reagan took. It just happens to be of Elsa eating more cereal.

Reagan has really been in to playing "pretend" lately. Sometimes she goes pretend fishing (as mentioned above), sometimes she saves the day with her pretend pet, (the only kind she will ever have) Bolt- the dog from the Disney movie.
Sometimes she and Elsa "horse around" with Dad, and pretend that he is their mighty steed.

They don't have to pretend that he is a great Dad, however. What a fun, attentive parent!

At the beginning of January I was amazed at how warm the weather had been in our area. The girls could go outside and play in just their jackets.
After a few days of unseasonably warm bliss... It snowed.

Nick was at work, so I took the girls outside to play.
I put Cohen in his carseat, and stationed him near our front door. Every few minutes I'd peek my head in the house to see how he was doing.

What a handsome little bundle!

It only took a few days for things to warm up again and the snow melted.

So, we had another week of warm weather. And then it dumped on us again last night.
Nick took the girls out to play in the snow, but the sun had already gone down and it was too dark for me to take pictures.
Both girls were upset when playtime was over. They could have happily stayed out there all night.
It's supposed to warm up again this week.
For my part, to date, this has been one of the better Utah winters I have experienced.
I wouldn't mind living here, if every winter were this mild.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun that your kids have a dad that does stuff with them. My dad did lots of things with my siblings and I growing up too.

How great that you guys got some snow. Looks like your kids had fun and Cohen is such a cutie.

I am right there with you that this has been one of the best winters we have had in a while. If this is the only snow Washington gets this year, then I will be happy.