First off, I want to say that I'm experiencing a double-whammy when it comes to blogging lately!
I cannot find the charger for my Nikon camera anywhere. Somewhere between the Long Beach Airport, and my home; it disappeared.
I've been forced to take all recent pictures with my iPhone. Sometimes they don't turn out so well.
And, I'm not in love with blogger's new layout. Arranging photos, and formatting is a pain.
I'll adjust to both situations. I actually have an extra Kodak camera that I purchased 2+ years ago, and it's still in the box, sitting at the bottom of my closet. I guess I need to get it out and start using it.
Here's my happy boy!
Last Saturday, he stayed home with Daddy while I took the girls to a local safety fair. They were giving away free bike helmets.
But it wasn't that simple. To get your helmet you had to get "Bingo" on the cards they were handing out. This meant that I needed to visit 5 booths at the fair, and get the square marked off. One of the squares I needed to get checked off involved running a mile. Good thing I brought the jogging stroller. Not a good thing that I wore flip-flops.
We visited the "teddy-bear clinic", where the girls got to pick out teddy bears. They had to name their teddy bears, and tell the doctor what was ailing the bears, so that the doctor could fix their bears.
Elsa named her bear: "Bear". Very unique. Her bear had a hurt nose.
Reagan actually came up with a name for her bear, on her own.
She told me matter-of-fact that her bear was named: "Caloo".
Caloo had a sick tummy. Go figure?, that Reagan would come up with that.
The girls got jump ropes. And balloon animals. And cookies, candy, etc...
I thought it was pretty bizarre that one of the booths I needed to visit to get bingo, was a booth for Phantom fireworks.
The guy at the booth told me that the legal age to buy fireworks in UT is 16.
I told him that the idea of 16 year olds being able to buy Aerial fireworks seemed pretty silly to me.
He told me that there were instructions on the fireworks about how to responsibly handle them.
Riiiiiiiight...
Because every teenager I know (past and present), is going to handle fireworks responsibly, and they are going to take care to read instructions.
The firework guy's parting words to me were. "don't let young children handle fireworks".
I couldn't resist, and I asked him if Phantom Fireworks sold sparklers?
Of course they do.
I was done with that dumb conversation.
Aren't sparklers the ultimate children's firework?
They had an enormous inflatable slide at the safety fair, that Reagan desperately wanted to try.
The first time we went on it, I hauled Elsa up with me.
Elsa didn't like it. So, we opted to stay at the bottom and eat a cookie while Reagan went again, by herself.
Notice the neon green jackets both girls were wearing in the pictures.
I thought I was being brilliant, by dressing the girls in these jackets.
I was sure I'd be able to spot them in a crowd, if they were wearing these.
Just my luck, they were handing out free backpacks at the Fair that were the same neon color.
So, when Reagan came down the slide after her first solo attempt; it was not an easy task to hone in on her location, because all of the kids near and far were wearing the neon green backpacks!
I experienced several minutes of panic, when I was calling for Reagan, and searching for her and I couldn't find her!
Oh, the irony. I lost my kid at a kid's safety fair.
Just as I was getting desperate, I saw Reagan coming down the slide.
I rant to the bottom to retrieve her, but she never emerged from the exit.
It was at that point that I realized... Reagan had been circumventing the line for the slide, entirely.
When she got to the bottom of the slide, she was running directly back to the ladder and pushing her way to the top.
I grabbed her, and asked her how many times she had been on the slide?
She told me, "5".
I told her that she was now going "0" more times.
We collected our bike helmets and left.
We stayed a little too long at the fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment