A month ago, Reagan decided she was done taking naps. I guess it had to end sometime. Sigh.
I had to laugh a few days ago. I gave Reagan some milk, she made herself comfortable on the floor, and it took her all of two seconds to zonk.
Sometimes, Reagan will give her full attention to Cohen. Never fail, she can get him to laugh. She likes to hold him, but as illustrated below,he isn't as fond of this activity.
When I found out I was pregnant with Cohen one of my (many) big worries was how we'd arrange bedrooms to accommodate everyone.
In the end, we installed Reagan in the bedroom directly beneath the master bedroom. We put Elsa in Reagan's old room. And Cohen went in to the nursery.
As always, I am so grateful that Elsa is easy going. Switching her from a crib to a twin-size bed at 16 months of age didn't even phase her.
Growing up, I always dreamed of having my own room. For a long time I shared a bedroom with my sister. This was especially problematic, and irritating during the teenage years. So, I have always thought that it would be a nice luxury for my children to have their own rooms.
Reagan slept in her room in the basement for months with no problem.
When it came to buying Elsa a bed, I purchased a bed with a built-in trundle. Painting it was my on-going curse last summer (for those of you that remember).
The idea behind the trundle was that it could be a place for Reagan to sleep when she was ill, so that I could easily get to her in the night, if need be. You know, since Reagan has that penchant for vomiting at the drop of a hat. Lucky me.
Anyway, Reagan slept in the trundle bed a few times this past winter.
I'm not sure when it started, but a while ago, Reagan started asking to sleep in Elsa's room- every night!
Both girls don't mind sharing a room.
It warms my heart to hear them giggling together from Elsa's room.
So, I've given up my insistence that they have their own room.
The trundle seems to be Reagan's new permanent bed.
The girls are OK with it, and I'm OK with it too.
Reagan's downstairs bedroom is ready and waiting for her, if she ever decides that she needs her own space.
But, who knows?! Maybe that day will never come?
1 comment:
We just moved the girls downstairs. There are two rooms down there, but I'm pretty sure if we put them in their own rooms they would not be willing to sleep down there. They totally need each other. I'm constantly reminding them, that they have a built in best friend in their sister, and how lucky they are to have each other. I hope it never changes.
Post a Comment