Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fourth of July

Nick had to work the night shift on Independence Day.
So, we did fireworks in our driveway the night-ish prior to the holiday.
Reagan loved the sparklers, until a little ember from one landed on her PJ's.
It didn't burn her skin.  But it was enough of a scare to freak her out.
She recovered quickly, and we finished up with the sparklers. 

On the 4th of July we had a very low-key morning.

Nick went to work, and I took the kids to my sister's house for festivities.
We BBQ'ed.  Original, I know.
And then we did some more fireworks.

I put the kids in the car and was headed for home around 8:30PM.
My neighbor, Kelli, had texted me and invited me to go to the local elementary school to sit on the hill and watch the big firework show that they were doing at the high school.
Originally, I had dismissed the idea because I thought my kids wouldn't stay up that late.
But by the time I made it home from my Sister's place, and bathed the kids it was 9:30PM.  All of my kids were still wide-awake.

I figured, "what they hey?!"...  And we all walked down to the school.

There was quite a crowd.  My kids had a great time playing with their favorite neighborhood friends, the Richmond kids.

Even Cohen stayed awake and watched the show.
Elsa was quick to point out any pink colored fireworks (pink is the only color she knows :)
Reagan loved them all!

Nick got off work at the tail-end of things, and joined us.

No comments: