My parents treated us to a vacation at the Wolf Creek Resort, in Eden, UT; while they were here. This post is 6 weeks belated.
During the summer we have a lot of birthdays to celebrate. Reagan and Jeff share a birthday, and Grant's birthday is 4 days before theirs. Nick and Lance have birthdays two days apart. Elsa and Jenny also have close birthday's. So, each night we celebrated 2-3 birthdays.
Our second day together was Reagan's actual birthday. I made sure to bring ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone with us on the trip. We had them for dessert that night. Reagan opened presents.
Reagan and Grant had a grand time playing with her newly acquired Barbies and accessories.
The house we stayed in had 4 bedrooms. We ended up with a bedroom on the top floor. The first night we couldn't get the AC to work. Our room was ridiculously hot. Cohen was so uncomfortable that he refused to sleep. Eventually, Nick just put him in the car and drove home for the night. It's one good thing about going on vacation an hour away from your house; you can return home if you need to.Nick returned the following day, and we all took a trip to Pineview Reservoir. My Dad rented a boat. We had a giant tube, and a knee board too. The kneeboard was a lot harder than I thought it would be, to ride. My own opinion is that wakeboards are easier. Everyone took turns going out on the boat, and relaxing on the beach.
It was a downright awesome day. We ate lunch on the beach.
And we were all SHOCKED to see Brian without shoes. I literally cannot remember the last time I saw my brother's naked feet. So, I took a picture.
We all went home tired and happy. That particular night, it was my turn to cook. We all took turns cooking while we were there. So, in addition to good company, we had good food too.
The house had a theater room, that got a lot of use. We watched several movies. You don't have to always be on the go to have a successful vacation. Sometimes hanging around is just the ticket.
The kids went to the pool every day of our trip. Some of the children liked pool time more than others.
Lance and Reagan engaged in "Chicken Fighting" in the pool. I don't think Lance won too many matches. Reagan is serious when it comes to competition, I guess?
I LOVE this picture! It shows exactly how Reagan feels about swimming, and water in general. The kid is a fish. I only wish I had put her in the swimming suit that didn't ride up, that day.
Every day at Wolf Creek was enjoyable. Our last day there, my Mom's siblings and their families (minus two of my cousins) all came up and had lunch. It was the first time we have all been together since my Grandpa's funeral. We had a blast. Thanks, Dad and Mom for making the vacation possible!
The day before my parents went back to NYC, we all met at the City Creek Mall and had dinner. I can't believe I had such negative things to say about this place after our first trip there. Because now it has become one of our most favorite places to visit. I believe we have been there a dozen times this summer. Sometimes I have remembered to take swimwear for Reagan. Sometimes not.
The night we were there with my family was a "not" night. But that never stops my girl.
1 comment:
What fun photos. My family has been to Wolf Creek a lot and it's a really fun place. I'm glad you enjoyed it there.
Post a Comment