The Friday before Easter, a few families in our neighborhood hosted an Easter Egg hunt. It was amazing! The kids got an even amount of candy, and fun prizes like: bubbles, and slinky's. I felt like the kids did well enough at that hunt, that I didn't need to take them to a city-sponsored hunt the following morning. So Saturday, we slept in.
Saturday afternoon, my Mom came to my house and set up an Easter egg hunt in my backyard, for my kids and my nephews. After the hunt, my Mom decorated sugar cookies with the kids.
Easter Sunday. The Easter bunny brought Easter baskets that were light on candy. The kids had plenty of it already from the two Easter egg Hunts they had been on before.
Even still, Elsa went straight for the chocolate Easter bunny in her basket.
Reagan wanted to show off the Chuggington DVD. It was actually in Cohen's basket. But she was excited about it, nonetheless. The DVD in Reagan's basket was an animated version of Transformers, and Elsa was given a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang DVD.
The kids also got books, Hot Wheels cars, Play Doh, and toys (that I found on clearance) at the Disney Store. Cohen went straightaway for the chocolate as well.I guess it was only a matter of time before Reagan went after the chocolate in her basket as well. She had a giant chocolate Easter Bunny. I allowed her to eat the ears off of it that morning.
A few of the toys that the kids received needed tools to get them out of the packaging. Nick headed downstairs to get a screwdriver. He slipped on the top step of the stairs, and went "ass over teakettle" all of the way down! It was scary! Nick had carpet burns on his arms, and one of his thighs was bruised black and blue.
The Easter bunny also had color-coordinated formal wear for the kids to wear to church. But after Nick took a tumble; Elsa and I were the only ones that ended up going to church. Nick's brother, Nate, came up to the house to help out with Reagan, and Cohen while I was gone.
Nick was feeling better by the next day, but his besides his leg, his ego was also bruised. Poor guy. My Mom came over to have dinner with us on Easter. We ended up eating Ham, and potatoes. Nothing too creative, since I was the one cooking; due to Nick being laid-up. My Mom helped me bathe the kids, and she read them many stories after their bath's.
It was an eventful, memorable day. We hope to celebrate Easter without any physical mishaps next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment