Does life ever slow down? The week before Reagan started school, I was imagining that I'd have so much more time on my hands, and I was planning to paint the interior of several rooms in our house. Pipe dreams. That is all they are.
We have had a lot going on around our house.
For starters, Nick took another position within the Walgreen's corporation; and (trumpets blaring!) he no longer has to work on Sundays!
That is HUGE! I don't know any pharmacist that always has Sunday's off.
He isn't working at the Bountiful Walgreen's store anymore.
They've transferred him to the (new, and improved) store in South Ogden. If you're in that neck of the woods, stop by, and check his store out. It is so modern, and beautiful!
Feel free to laugh at the next piece of information. Nick did. But I feel like it's pretty cool: I've used Yelp (the online review website) to check out restaurants, hotels, really any business I was curious about; prior to going there, for years. Anyway, back in April I decided I might as well start adding my own two-cents, so I set up a profile, and typed up my own reviews. Before long, Yelp contacted me and asked me to be a "Yelp Elite". Basically, this means that I do enough reviews, that they are pretty well received, so I get a snazzy little title, and Yelp status.
I also get invited to Yelp events. Any time I get to check out restaurants, hotels, etc... for free, I'm going to call it a good thing.
I think its an accomplishment that I didn't immediately put our house up for sale, when I woke up one morning in Mid-October, to snow:
Stupid Utah, and it's stupid snow.Also, some of you may recall that I've started jogging. Prior to the most recent "stint", I hadn't been too physically active. I ran a 5K back in 2006.
And really, my mentality was that I thought it was dumb to pay for a gym membership, and that I didn't like running enough to pay money to do it! I had no interest in running races.
Then, the cute young gal that I Visit Teach told me that her boyfriend had cancer. She was putting together a fundraiser to help raise money for him. The fundraiser was going to consist of a lunch, some kids activities, and a 5K race.
For that cause, I could pony up some cash.
So, I signed up for the 5k.
So, did a few other girls from my neighborhood:
The morning of the 5K was cold! It wasn't a very serious race, after all, it was for charity. I started off the race at the very back of the group. I put in my earbuds, and just figured I'd give it my best shot. I had to wade through a lot of Mom's with running strollers, but once I made my way out of the congestion I really started to cruise. I wasn't a top finisher. But I ran the 3.25 mile course in just under 28 minutes.
And the strangest thing was that I REALLY liked it.
The first thing I did, when I got home was look up a website that listed all of the races in UT. I was surprised that I was so eager to run another race. There were a few that interested me, but I haven't been able to find one that works well with my schedule. I am going to do a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. That should be fun.
My kids have performed quite an accomplishment. It's definitely not good, but it's worth mentioning... They cracked the iPad screen, yet again. Yes, we are on our 4th iPad in one year. When we took it to the Apple Store this time... they had to get manager approval, before they could fix it. I guess breaking it that many times is excessive. ha ha. I'm grateful for the apple care plan.
After the Apple Store, we had dinner in the food court at City Creek. We love that place!
This picture doesn't really have anything to do with, well... anything. It was just funny that my nephew, Braedon, trapped himself underneath Elsa's chair, at my parents house.
No comments:
Post a Comment