Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

Oh, Blogger.  Every time I think there is no possible way you could become any more un-user-friendly...
Maybe things will get better when we get a new laptop at Christmastime.  Until then, I'll just continue to grit my teeth.

So, Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays.  In fact, I cannot understand all of the hype it gets?  I think it is dumb.  There.  I've said it.  I am sure a lot of my friends probably think I ought to be tarred and feathered for feeling that way.  Oh well.
I have been just as frustrated, only for a different reason.  People in Utah (and maybe in other places?) do Halloween overkill.  When I've been out driving, Reagan has asked me several times, about when we were going to decorate our yard for Halloween?  You know, since everyone else does it...
Let me tell you right now: we're not.
The only reason my front porch has pumpkins is because we went to a pumpkin patch on a field trip with Elsa's preschool.  The pumpkins were free.
I have no intention of carving them.
As I've done in years past, I will pull out my electric jack-o-lanterns, and put them on my porch.

I'm not a total spoil-sport.  I do pass out candy.
And I let me kids get dressed up.

So, about Elsa's field-trip, that I mentioned:
We went to Pack's pumpkin patch.
This marks the 3rd year that we've been there.
It's great for the pre-school age set.
 Is there anyone that makes better faces than Elsa?  I don't think so!

Nick hauled Cohen and Elsa around in the cart, while we searched the pumpkin patch for pumpkins.
 Elsa had a great time playing with her pre-school friends, and running around the hay-bale maze.
 Oh yeah, so back to Elsa's array of "faces"...  That child has and endless supply.  When we were in Seattle she was playing with my camera, doing "selfies".  She took nearly 200 of them.  Aren't they beauties?:
I love that girl.  She's hilarious.

No comments: