Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Elf On A Shelf? Not In Our House.

Surprisingly, I have had a few people ask me, this month, whether we did Elf On a Shelf, at our house?  When I reply in the negative, all of them have made comments along the lines of: "Good.  Don't do it.  It's too time consuming".

Honestly, I think that if that little Elf were to enter our place, it wouldn't be too long before he ran screaming from our house.
My kids have been so mischievous, and borderline naughty this season!
Our 3rd two-year-old is currently terrorizing all who cross his path.  And I find myself saying, several times a day; "I don't know if I'll survive having another two-year-old!".

Earlier this week, BOTH Cohen and Elsa used pens to color on walls in several rooms in our basement.  It took me an entire hour, and more than a few magic erasers to clean it all up.

Then, on 12/23/13, I was trying to get everyone ready to venture out of the house.  I bathed and dressed Cohen first.  Then, I put Elsa in the tub.  While I was getting her dressed, I heard Cohen saying: "Swim, Swim".  I walked in to the bathroom was greeted by this sight:
 A fully dressed (shoes included) Cohen.  Swimming.

I pulled him out.  Put Reagan in.  And changed his clothes.
When Reagan was done, I let the water out of the bathtub, and walked out of the bathroom.  I started brushing Reagan's hair, and I heard a SPLASH.

I made it to the bathroom in time to see Cohen splashing in the remaining water that hadn't yet made it down the drain!

Fool me twice, I suppose.
You can't really tell from the picture, but he was soaked.
As if I didn't already have enough laundry to do...

Last week, as an early Christmas present, Nick kept the kids out of my hair for an entire day, so that I could organize, and de-junk the basement.  You know, just in time for us to acquire more junk, in the form of Christmas gifts :)  Kidding.  OK, only partially kidding.
I was able to take a load to the DI, and I got rid of nearly all of my baby stuff.
When my house is clean, I just feel better.
Thank you, Nick, for letting me be crazy and clean.

No comments: