Monday, December 9, 2013

Family Pictures 2013

Forgive me, Korie, for I have sinned....

And I paid the price: literally, and figuratively.

A "wannabe" Fotofly studio opened up in Roy, UT.  They were supposedly running a "special", in an attempt to drum up business.

It is a studio called: FlashPhoto.  And trying to get an appointment was nearly impossible.  They never returned any of the messages I left.  I shouldn't have pursued it any further.  I should have just tried to see if Korie could have fit us in.
But I soldiered on, and found a way to book an appointment through their website.

I spent hours, beforehand primping and preening everyone in the family.

When all was said and done, I didn't love any of the pictures.  But I'll have to make do, considering that I need to get Christmas cards sent out.






Some of them aren't awful.  And that's the most positive thing I can say about them.
However, I have nothing positive to say about FlashPhoto studios.
Their website states that they edit the pictures, and have the CD to you in 2 hours.
Yeah.  Try 1 week.
And after the session, I paid for the pictures.  I wasn't paying too much attention, because I was so hung up on the fact that I was going to have to wait a week to get the CD.  When I got home, and looked at the receipt that had been emailed to me, my eyes bugged out!  They charged me $20 more than what they should have!
When I called them about it, they said it was because the promotion I saw was only for a single-person shoot.  Not for a family.
Funny.  The flier didn't specify that?

You'd think, that with a week to do photo editing, I would have received some awesome pictures.  Wrong.  No attention to detail was paid. There are blurry pictures.  Pictures where multiple family members have their eyes closed. And pictures that make me crazy, because Cohen's shirt is untucked, and Nick's collar is turned up.

Stay away from FlashPhoto.  Far away.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

The ones you posted look great! Love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

These photos look nice and you have a beautiful family.