Sunday, April 27, 2014

Elsa Gets Glasses.

The verdict from the Opthamologist:  Elsa is ridiculously far-sighted in her "lazy eye".  Essentially, it has been strained for so long, it just gave up, hence the term: "lazy eye".  And even worse; the vision in her "good-eye" is poor too!
He gave her a prescription for glasses.  It corrects the lazy eye, while she's wearing them, but the moment she takes off her glasses it returns.
She's going in for a follow-up visit in a month, and she may have to have surgery.

I took her to a local optometrist, and we tried on glasses.  At this point, she wasn't too thrilled.  Obviously:
But when her actual glasses arrived, she was all smiles! 
For the first time in her life, she could see well.
I feel awful that she was walking around with blurry vision for so long.  I should have seen the signs, pun intended.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Har, har.

I do have to say that Elsa looks very cute in glasses.
She's had them for a little over a week, and already they have little scratches (even thought I paid extra to get the scratch-resistant coating on them), and they've been lost around the house numerous times. 
Any suggestions on how to make the experience of a toddler with glasses better?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa looks so darling in her glasses. If I ever have to get glasses, I hope I will look as good as she does.

Julie said...

No advice, but she is beyond adorable in those glasses.