Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Celebrations.

If it weren't for the weather, March would be my favorite month of the year.
Spring break, my birthday, and my anniversary all occur in March!

This year, Nick and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary!
I still don't know how I was lucky enough to snag such a great catch?!  He was BY FAR the best guy I dated.  It took him 12 years to "notice" me, and when we first became romantically inclined toward each other I thought, "this is either going to be really good, or it is going to hurt, a lot".
For the most part, I'd say it's been really good.
With Nick's work schedule, we ended up having to celebrate our anniversary a week early. 
We dropped the kids off with my parents.  Dinner was at Takashi, and then we checked in to the Marriott at City Creek.  We grabbed some take-out cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory, and ate it in our room.
The Marriott was dated.  It made me realize that the Grand America is really the only luxury hotel in SLC.  Oh well, no complaints from me.  A night away, is a night away.
For breakfast I wanted to try Penny Ann's Diner.
AH-MAZ-ING!
I've never had a better breakfast!
I will take any excuse I can get, to go back!

The day of our actual anniversary, Nick had to work.  I wasn't thinking too much about it; because we had already celebrated it.
Nick surprised me with red roses.  My favorite.
The best decision I ever made was to marry Nick.  He has the best sense of humor.  And without him I would have failed the whole parenting experience.  Badly.

Next year will be our 10 year anniversary!  We want to do something big.  Right now we're trying to decide between a week in Rome.  Or, a week in Ecuador.
I'll let you guess which individual wants which trip.  Ha ha.


My 34th birthday was smack-dab in the middle of spring break. this year.
So, again; we celebrated a week beforehand, since we were going to be out of town on my actual birthday.
Nick indulged my "nerd" side, and took me to see The Hobbit.
After the movie we went for Chinese at Boba World, in Bountiful.  Good cheap Chinese food, and the best boba drinks I've ever had!
The next morning, Nick got up early and made me breakfast.  He made the cinnamon french toast rolls ups.  They were divine!
We also had dinner with my family.  My Mom made meatloaf for me.  It's my favorite.
I got money, as a birthday gift from most everyone.  It's what I wanted.  I'm going to use it to get a new phone.  And that's the way things go when you're an adult.
By far, this birthday was better than last year!

No comments: