Saturday, August 30, 2014

Imlay Family Vacation

Wolf Creek 2014.

My side of the family is growing.  Between my parents, siblings, their spouses; and all of our kids there are 15 of us now!

My Dad generously treated us to another weeklong vacation in Eden, UT at the Wolf Creek Resort.  This year, he rented an 8 bedroom home.  To say that there was enough space for all of us, was an understatement!   It was amazing.

We started things off by celebrating Elsa's birthday.

While we are on vacation, each Imlay child takes a turn cooking dinner.  It makes for good eats!  Nick and I were up first, and Nick make fettuccine alfredo, from scratch.  That was on Monday night.

On Tuesday, the (adult) boys went golfing.
The rest of us put the hot tub to good use.  We also spent a lot of time in the theater room, watching movies.

I made an effort to get up early, each morning, to run.  The scenery was gorgeous, but even on vacation, I can't escape running hills!

On Wednesday we went to Pineview Reservoir.
It turned out to be the perfect day for boating!  It was overcast, and the temperatures were in the 80's.  No one got sunburned.

Cohen may look unhappy in this picture, but at the end of the day; I think he had the most fun of all of us!  He loved playing in the water, going on the boat, and riding on the tube.



I posted some of these pictures on Instagram.  Jeff, my brother-in-law, thanked me for not tagging his "moob".  You're welcome, Jeff.

We played for 9 hours that day.  It was a lot of fun.
I really didn't want to get in the water.  I was just fine sitting on the beach, or riding on the boat.
Nick kept needling me to get on the tube.
Near the end of the day, I finally gave in, and climbed on the tube with my brother, Brian, and Reagan and Elsa.

Everyone said it would be fine to have two adults, and two kids on the tube.  They were wrong.  At one point, Brian and I both moved, at the same time; and the tube flipped!  We all went in the drink.

I hit the surface, and saw Brian holding Reagan.  But I couldn't see Elsa!  I was in full-on Mommy panic mode!  One of the scariest moments of my life.
I was screaming for Elsa!
My Dad pulled the boat closer, and Nick calmed me down.  He said that Elsa was fine.

Turns out, that little monkey had been the only one that had been able to hold on to the grips on the tube!  She was still holding on to the tube, I just couldn't see her.
She may be a shoe-in for the next American Ninja Warrior, after all?

Although, after we got on the boat Elsa was being dramatic and telling people that she had gone really far under the water, and that she had seen a lot of fish down there.  Yeah, we need to work on that girls "story telling"....  Heather was on the boat at the time too, and said that she didn't think Elsa's head had even gone under the water.

While Reagan and Elsa were in the water, after our little adventure.  They were totally calm.  I don't know if it was just because it took a moment to sink in, or what?  But once we were all safely back on the boat; Reagan became hysterical.  She wanted to go back to the beach.
I don't know if I'll be able to get her back on a boat any time soon?
Fortunately, all of this went down at the end of the day.  So, I was OK with packing it in, and heading back to the house.

On Thursday, the (adult) girls went to lunch at Mad Moose Café.  The food was fine.  The company was the best.
Then, we loaded everyone up and drove to Carver's Cove Petting Farm.
They weren't giving pony rides that day, so we only had to pay $5/person to get in.  I thought that was still pricey.
But the kids loved it.









One of the afternoons, while we were there (I can't remember which?) my Dad set up his movie projector and screen on the back porch; and the kids watched a movie outside.  They thought that was pretty cool!

On Thursday afternoon, after we returned from the farm, my Warr cousins; and their families came up to play.
We had dinner together, and played some games.
Nick had to go home that night, because he had to work on Friday.  I was suffering from a cold, and earache.  So, I decided to go home with Nick that night too.

Nick went to work Friday morning, and I took the kids back to Wolf Creek.  My cousins were still there.
We all went to the pool.
My keys got locked in my car, while we were at the pool.  Brian, and my cousin John; managed to get my door open, and retrieved my keys without having to break a window.

My little brother, is the best.  So, is my sister.  Heather probably didn't feel like it was much of a vacation.  I know she did most of the work, while we were there.  Since I was feeling a bit under the weather, I was happy to veg-out.  And Heather was the responsible one, that took care of everyone.

Anyway, at the pool (after I got my keys out of the car); I sat on the grass and watched my kids swim.  Brian got in the pool and played with them.
 
It was a the best possible way to conclude our summer!
Thank you, Dad, for making it possible.

No comments: