My little brother took me to chemo on 6/26.
Even though I knew what was coming, I was still having feelings of high anxiety.
Surprising. Or maybe not?
I don't know whether to hope that I get used to sitting in the infusion chair, or not?
So, before round two my oncologist measured my tumor, and declared that it was 2cm's smaller!
Way to go, chemo!
At least I can tell that I'm not suffering through this for nothing.
And that week leading up to my second round was nothing short of miraculous.
I felt great.
One night, two neighbor girls babysat, for FREE, so that Nick and I could go to the movies.
Heather and I took our kids to see Home at the Kaysville Theater, another day that week. By the end of the week I was telling people that I was functioning at "100% Mom-capacity"!
It was nice to be able to walk around in the land of the living.
And it was even nicer to be able to have my kids near me for most of the day.
Although, during my bad weeks, I know my kids are being well cared for. I get cute pictures like this:
And yes. Reagan is still functioning well.
She has been playing her little heart out!
One day, last week, she came home and had to take a nap.
She fell asleep on Nick's back. He was a good sport, and allowed her to snooze there for a long time.
The other day, Reagan and I did have this conversation though:
Reagan: "Can Dad's get cancer?".
Me: "Yes. But I don't think your Dad will get cancer.".
Reagan: "If Dad gets cancer, who will take care of us?"
Ouch.
On the flip side, Reagan has been the most excited to greet me every morning; and is jubilant when I tell her that I am feeling better.
And then, there's Elsa.
She has definitely been having the hardest time, of the three kids.
That surprised me.
Elsa is my "mini-me", and as such; knows which "buttons to push" to get to Nick. And push them, she has. She's been lighting Nick's annoy-o-meter up like a Christmas tree!
I'm not really sure what to do with her?
I guess the only thing I can do, is love her.
She did inform me that she doesn't want to take any more art classes.
Holy exasperation!
She is so talented!
But the last thing I need, is another thing to fight with her about...
If I had to guess, I'd say that she doesn't want to go anymore because she doesn't have any friends in her class?
Maybe, after school starts I can convince one of my neighborhood friend/fellow Mom's to enroll one of their little girls' in the class too?
For now, though, Elsa's art class attendance is going to be on hold.
And, just because.
Elsa. The selfie-master.
My Dad had surgery to repair his hernia.
I asked my Mom if they would be able to perform it laparoscopically, and she said, no. The hernia was so big, that they had to totally cut him open, and reinforce the muscle with mesh. Poor Dad.
And, in typical Dad fashion... He was back to work, and overdoing it, three days later.
Sound like anyone else I know?
Hmmm.... Yep. I'm definitely my Father's Daughter.
Also, during my good week, my parents hosted a swimming party.
I realize this post is in no particular order.
It's that whole "loss of organization" I'm experiencing.
I just loaded the pictures up, and let the chips fall where they may.
So yeah, pool party.
The youth in my parents' ward had an auction to earn money for their summer camps, respectively. One of the things my parents won was a pool party in a neighbors backyard.
It was a good time all around.
I didn't get in the water.
Nick didn't make me.
As the years pass, I become more pleased in my choice of husband. He has done a really good job of taking care of me lately.
And the kids too.
Folks, I think we have a winner! Husband of the year, for sure!

3 comments:
2cm is definitely shrinkage to brag about!! (I don't know how you guys walk around with those things!) DIE, CANCER, DIE!!!
2cm, HOORAY!!! Doing a 2cm happy dance!
2cm after one chemo - that's totally impressive! Way to go nasty red chemo drug - I remember you well!
Post a Comment